Chapter 1

When Yang was in elementary school, she was a bit of a popular kid. She didn't intend to be, it just so happened that she was good at sports, not to mention her semblance.

She also liked to stand up for kids that were being bullied. It made others think of her as a bit of a hero, but Yang just brushed it off. One day, a transfer student started school in their 5th grade class. She had jet black hair, striking amber eyes, and always wore a bow. She never took off the bow, even when going outside; although, she never "played" outside.

This caught the attention of Yang, but she wasn't the only one. Of course, Cardin and his lackeys made a scene one day.

"I bet you sleep with it on!" His friends started laughing. Yang stopped playing basketball and turned around.

"I bet she afraid to get it dirty," another one chuckled. Yang started to walk over to the area, as more kids gathered.

"I bet her mommy gave it to her!" More giggle. Yang is right behind Cardin now.

"Haha, I bet-" Cardin stops in his tracks as he feels someone tap on his shoulder.

"Excuse me. A word, please," Yang says, surprisingly calmly. Everyone is silent, Blake looks up from her book, tears streaming. Cardin pipes up.

"Well if it isn't the playground hero,"

"Don't call me that. Why are you messing with her?"

"All we wanted was for her to take off her bow,"

"Well obviously, she didn't want to. Leave her alone,"

"Or what?" Cardin starts walking over to Blake. She tries to be defensive, but he shoves her over and snatches the bow right off. The kids notice what was left behind. Some get scared, some start to laugh, and Cardin raises the ribbon up as if he won some sort of prize.

Yang sees the girl in tears, walks up to Cardin. "Or this," Her semblance activates as she punches Cardin into a wall.

The crowd goes silent as they see Cardin plop onto the ground. A teacher walks over as another drags Yang by her arm to the Principal. Yang sneaks a few looks over to Blake, who mouths 'thank you'. They share a smile, and then they look away.

Author's Note
Thank you for reading this first chapter! Hopefully the next chapter will be out tomorrow 💛🖤