Ch35-My Little Blessing

"We'll give you some privacy. I'll check on you later." Bailey says and drags Amelia out with her.

"Call Vic. Tell her to take Andrea here. Oh! And tell me everything before they're here. I don't know what Andrea looks like though. Do you have photos of him?" Maya is excited and a bit nervous. "He knows who I am, right? Does he like me?"

"Slow down." Carina says and takes a deep breath guiding the blondie to take a breath first. "I'm calling Vic, OK? Slow down. I can't even be mad at you seeing you so desperately want to see Andrea."

"Why are you mad at me? I didn't do anything." the blondie asks innocently with puppy eyes.

"Vic, can you take Andrea to the Grey-Sloan? Maya awakes and she's eager to see her son." Carina says. "Si, she's fine. But she needs to stay for 2 days. Andrea needs her, too. Staying at the Grey-Sloan will be good for both of them."

The Italian hang up the phone and stares her wife, "I'm mad at you cause you don't want to stay at the hospital and take care of your own health."

"My wife is a doctor! I'll be fine as well staying at home." Maya retorts.

"And your doctor wife insists you staying in for 2 days!" Carina puts her hands on her hips and frowns.

Maya shuts up immediately knowing her wife is right as always. She lost this battle already. She pouts and ducks her head like a child being chided. "I'm staying. As long as you and Andrea are here."

Carina takes another deep breath to calm herself. Her hands still on her hip though, showing how serious she is. "He'll be here soon. You need to calm down. Your brain pressure and heart rate got higher when you were in coma. I'm worried about your head, Maya."

"Come here." Maya moves and pats the sheet beside her. She wraps her arms around Carina's waist once she climbs into the bed and sits next to her.

Maya rests her head on Carina's shoulder and says gently, "I'm fine, Carina. My head doesn't hurt. Don't worry. I know me staying in bed at the hospital may reminds you of Andrew, but I'm feeling well now."

Carina looks at her wife, seeing the same blue eyes she loves so much, "I can't lose you. You can't leave me, bambina. You hear me?"

Maya leans in and kisses on Carina's forehead, "I hear you. I'm not going anywhere. I'm here with you."

Carina hugs her blondie tightly and whispers, "I love you so so much."

"I love you more." the blondie grins and whispers.

"Sorry to interrupt." A nurse knocks on the door. She says, "There are a cot and some diapers, wipes and blankets. Do you need anything else?" 

"No, thank you." Carina smiles and nods.

"So...what happened when I lost my memory then?" Maya asks.

"You woke up at Grey-Sloan and you didn't remember me. Your memory stops at 2019. The last thing you remember is Andy found out you were in the supply closet." Carina scrunches up her nose, "With Jack."

Maya blinks for couple times remembering what happened that day. "I...um..."

"And Jack having the perfect timing walked into the room with breakfast. You thought he and Andy got back together and your were jealous for it." Carina chuckles.

"O...kay? What happened after that?" Maya frowns slightly.

"You still had feelings for Jack. You didn't wanna hurt me, so you offered me a way out, divorce." Carina sighs, "You were so stubborn. You didn't believe that you can be dedicated and monogamous. You offered it out of care though."