Playing House

It's been a day.

After a couple of consultants, appointments and surgery, the Italian OB is tired and ready to pick up her kids and go home.

Knock. Knock.

It must be her lovely wife.

She texted and they planned to pick up their kids together.

"Come in." the OB answered in a cheerful tone.

"Hello, Dr. Deluca-Bishop. Someone here asked for you the whole afternoon."

Her blonde firefighter wife who's holding their youngest baby up opens the door.

"Mama..." the one year old brunette baby girl whimpers.

Carina stands up quickly and takes the sad, pouting mini version of herself from her wife.

"What's wrong?"

Carina strokes Flora's cheek with her thumb. She noticed the tear in those brown puppy eyes immediately. "Awww, mia fiorellina. Why did you cry? Those watery eyes..."

She tilts her head up to look at her wife, silently asking for an answer.

Maya sighs softly and strokes her daughter's back gently.

"She missed you. She kept saying mama, asking for you which broke my heart a little bit. She's never asked for me so much." the blonde raises her brow and said, "And she cried after I told her you're at work."

"Mama's here, fiorellina. Mama misses you, too." Carina presses a kiss on her daughter's head and coaxes before looking at her wife. "You said she asked for me the whole afternoon, so she cried the whole afternoon?"

The blonde firefighter lets out a small chuckle, "She cried for half an hour and whimpered for another. I pulled out photos of yours from my phone and told her many stories to calm her down eventually."

Cried for half an hour and whimpered for another...

That...sounds tired. For a one year old and their caretaker.

That poor little girl almost fell asleep in her mama's arms.

"She's exhausted." Carina sighs.

"You know, I love her so much..." Maya slowly wraps her arms around her wife's waist from behind and leans on Carina's shoulder whispering, " ...,but I'm also exhausted." She sighs.

Carina hears relief and exhaustion in Maya's voice. Knowing their youngest daughter is a sweet little monster today, she whispers before pressing a soft kiss on her wife's temple. "I love you."

"I love you." the blondie purrs, enjoying the peaceful moment holding her wife.

A few minutes passed, Carina checks the time, "Shall we go pick up another two?"

Another two beautiful, sweet kids.

Their little curly and little sunshine...

"Yeah, Andrea's gonna pout all the way home if we're late."

Maya drops down her arms from her wife's waist and go take Carina's bag and coat.

———

At dinner table, the Deluca-Bishops are having dinner, talking about their day.