002┆chapter two

USE SOMEBODY

USE SOMEBODY

two.        hospital

▬▬ CASSIE HUMMED AS she played with Paul's fingers, they were at the hospital. They sat on the bed as they waited, Cassie's feet dangled a few good inches above the floor but Paul's didn't. She thought the height difference was a little funny, but she let the comment she wanted to make go. She brought his hand up to her lips and lightly kissed his knuckles, bringing his attention to her and away from the door he had been staring at it as if willing someone to walk through it.

"What was that for?" He asked, a smile tugging at his lips as she held his hand in her lap.

"Just 'cause." She shrugged, rubbing her thumb over his knuckles. "You can relax a little." She told him. "I'm fine."

"I'm not gonna relax until the doctor tells me you're okay." He gave her a smile.

"I'm telling you."

"Huh, didn't realize you were a doctor." He stated sarcastically and she punched his shoulder with a small laugh. But he made a show of it hurting, he griped his bicep and frowned as he sniffled.

"I think I need a doctor."

"Idiot." She mumbled and the door opened, they turned expecting to see the doctor but Charlie stood there.

"Are you okay?" He rushed over to her, holding her face in his hands, running his thumb over the cut on her cheek -- both cuts on her faces had stopped bleeding but they were still visible. "How bad was it? Did you call a tow truck? Can it be fixed?"

"I'm fine." She told him, laughing as she swatted at his hands. "It wasn't that bad, just some minor damage to the body and I think the carburetor may be shot. I couldn't get a good look. And yes, I did call a tow truck. Sam stayed so Paul could bring me here like you asked."

"You're seriously not hurt?"

"My ankle is a little sore." She told him, stretching out her right leg a little. "Got caught between the pedals."