inner child mind

14 - inner child mind

Astrid's POV

He held on my arm and dragged me near his motorbike.

"Uhh... You sure its not.... Damaged yet?" I asked. Well the damn motorbike just slammed into a tree.

He pulls it near the road before checking the damages.

"Luckily, its not. Or else gobber would kill me."

I raised an eyebrow "who's gobber?"

"Dad's childhood friend, they grew up together here, but both moved into Scotland."he shrugged.

He hopped in the motorbike and motions me to hop in too.

I got nervous. I have never ride a motorbike before...... huh? What are you thinking astrid?! You are not afraid of anything! Not even a single dead nail!!

I engaged all the bravery I have and hopped on the back seat

"You might wanna hold on."

"Nahh I'm good..... I-I'm used to this.."

"Okay.... Whatever you say." He started the engines, startling me.

I was already hugging tightly on him.

"Are you sure you're not scared?" He smirked

"N-no! I'm never scared of anything!" I yelled pushing myself away from him.

He chuckled "hold on." He said and gave me his helmet.

"Umm?"

"Just admit it to yourself" he said.

Oh great. Now I seem weak.

I sighed "fine.... I have never ride one..... Until now" I wore the helmet.

"Honesty is the best policy, even to yourself."

I groaned and gripped on his shirt. Since its alot more less awkward than 'hugging' his back.

Since the engines are already on. We rode off.

It wasn't that scary. Except the part when we take turns.... I always thought that we'll fall or whatever.

"Where are we even going?" I asked

"Oh... You know... A place"

I slammed his arm "be specific! Please?"

"Okay!! I don't know! But... We'll find something interesting.. As long as we're far away from the campus. Its either the park, the museum, the mall or whatever... Your house maybe... Oh... Is aunt bertha home?"

I wish he just didn't brought up aunt bertha in this conversation.....

"Nahh... I guess we'll just head on the park.... The mall is kinda boring..." I tried getting the topic about aunt bertha forgotten...

Well I went out of the house to refresh everything in my mind! Okay?

I don't want to start a conversation about aunt bertha... I'm still a little angry about it.... I'm just worried about her....

This is unacceptable! Astrid... Refresh your mind...... You'll get through it okay?

Moments later... We got to the park and we just walked around. Since there's still nothing to do around.

But the situation is still on my head

Fudge that...

"Okay... Spit it out." Hiccup suddenly said out of nowhere

I looked at him confused 'what is he talking about?'

"I know you've been thinking alot earlier.... You can tell me" he pleaded.. Dude..... Have your own problems -,-

"Why would you think that its a problem?" Good enough....

He smiled and pointed on my face "i haven't seen you laugh"

I then gave the fakest smile That I have ever done in my life..... Look.... Its so fake that all the fake things in the world feel envious.

He sighed... Paused for a bit... I can see that he's thinking...

He then smiled and looked at me "I know how to make you smile"

I rolled my eyes "but I just did....only that its fake!"

"Seriously.... I'm really starting to think you got big problems"

"We all have big problems!" I expanded my arms up

"Fine just...follow me okay?" He then ran leaving me standing here like a pole waiting for a dog to pee on my feet

He then turned and yelled "come on!"

I sighed and ran after him.

We stopped infront of a shop called 'mr. IceCream man'

What kind of a name is that?

He bought a vanilla ice cream and handed it to me

"And this is your way to make me smile? What do yah think of me? A kid?"

He shrugged "well... All of us has our inner child mind. Go ahead kid....." He follows it with a laugh

I just blinked at him and took the ice cream.

Surprisingly... He didn't bought one himself. Now I really felt like a little kid...

---------
Sarreh guys... Short chapter... And.... Late update.....

I was just working on the first chapter of the sequel of my other book (the guy with glasses) and.... It just needs... A little more finishing touches and its ready to be updated :) just wait a little more guysss