Chapter one

Lance
I sigh as I walk out of the cell where we were keeping that one guy with all the questions. God was he annoying though. As I walk out of my facility I walk into the world the humans call earth, and goddamn was this just the worst. Even if I hated my job, it was really the only thing that was exciting anymore. Lucky for me I'm not a desk person, half of those people kill
themselves first 1000 years on the job.  I work out in the field, not just with humans. Yeah, we field workers have the power to travel across dimensions. Not as fun as it seems, even worse than hyperspace. Still can't get used to it after 9176 years. Anyways, I have to get to dimension 638, where everyone can fly, what a weird place. "Hey bud" I look to my right and see my partner, Sam (in human language). God, I hate them so much. "Hey, what about we don't talk?" I respond, "Nice joke buddy" yeah they are really bad at taking a hint, we've only just been partnered together so hopefully, he'll learn soon.

"Whatever, we gotta be there in the next ten minutes" I start walking towards the travel bubble. "What's the rush, time is irrelevant to us? Why don't we get a drink? Relax ya know. There's always a stick up your ass, take it out every once in a while." Sam puts his hand on my shoulder, "please?" God he is clingy, "you getting drunk while on the bubble is the main reason you always almost get fired every ten minutes, let's not." I pull away from him and Walk to the bubble, only for him to pick me up. "What the hell Sam?!?!" I punch at his back as I slump over his shoulder. "Today is the day that you have fun for the first time in your life!"  "I don't need to have fun, I need to keep my job!" I really don't wanna do this, but it seems I have to. So I reach for my interspace taser and zap Sam. "Yeesh dude, that stings" He winces. "Why must these things not work on you?" I groan as he replies, "you already know the answer, why bother asking. I mean we all know the answers to almost everything.

That's right, weren't we supposed to go out in the field to get more information for our new client?" I dropkick him before I walk away and say, "Go Get drunk if you want, just don't bring me into your shit." As I walked away ignoring his whines, but soon enough felt him pick me up... again. "Well sorry for you bud but I'm gonna have to come with you, for it is destiny!".... "It's for your paycheck isn't it-", "yeah i need to pay rent bro." So 45 minutes after listening to him droning on about his highschool years, we get to universe 4561, and it is filled with average people, except for one thing... Everything here is likeHigh school musical 2. "Ughhhhh, why did they have to assign me to this dimension!?" As I groan, Sam replies in a sing-song voice, "Because you gotta work on your people skills~!"

As we pull up our headquarters we walk in to get our assignment. "Are you Mr. Evans?"says a lady that probably works here. "Ahhh yes, damn is it good to talk to someone who doesn't sing like they're in a disney movie." She laughs and continues, "well our manager needs to talk to you, Sam here can his gear in the next room." So we parted ways and I headed into the office. "You call for me sir?" The manager looks up and smiles, "Ahhh yeah, Lance is it?" I wince as I nod.-   you might be thinking 'why would he wince at something like that?' Well it's a bit too early in the story for tragic backstories, so let's just continue with our story here.- "Well It seems that you also had a side mission, for... helping with your social skills?" I sigh, "Yeah, me and my boss are pretty close, I am sure he is just looking out for me." I smile and we talk for a little bit before I go and get ready for our mission. On the way there I saw Sam outside the room, he seemed a bit gloomy. But before I could get to him he saw me and smiled the smile I usually see one him. Now that's suspicious. "Hey, are you going to get ready?" I smile and say, "yeah.." "woah! Big man is smiling, that's a change that I could get used to!" Shoot, I've gotten a bit used to being around Sam... I've been around peppy people before, never really smile like that though. I must've just smiled because I did it a minute ago while sucking up to the manager, a weird one he was anyways.

"Hey Don't get used to it, it was an accident.." Sam just smiles as he says, "Alright, but do it every once in a while," I start to walk away before I hear him say, -"you'll get wrinkles, that'll ruin your face." I just laughed as I walked away, usually i'd get mad at a comment like that. But I think I'll let it slide this once.