Chapter two

Sam

Hello!!!! I'm Sam, as you probably know, I am Mr. Evans Best friend! Well probably his only friend, but that is besides the point. We work together at the company ATA. He may be a bit gloomy, but I'm sure he has a soft spot for me. That's why he calls me a dumbass all the time, that's what friends do I mean, I think they're supposed to??? Anyways we are currently working at one of the many versions of earth, and I think he is starting to sweeten up to me. "SAM CAN YOU GET OVER HERE!!??" Oh yeah, now might not be the best time to be doing an introduction as we are fighting an alien in the depths of the earth. "Coming!" I run over to lance as I pull out my sword and slash its eye, damn is this thing huge it barely did a thing.

As I fight with lance I only look at him with amazement (of course while still fighting) while he defeats the creature effortlessly with grace. His face unfazed,
as the blood splashes on his face at the vanquish of his enemy- wait let's not get too caught up in him, I think it was pregnant. "OH GOD THEY'RE CRAWLING OUT ITS STOMACH!!!" Lance replies calmly with, "There is no need to point out the obvious Sam, just back me up as I deal with them." Oh my gosh, he's so cool. If he weren't a guy I'd be in love- wait... I'M IN LOVE! I mean no wonder, this man is just so cool! "Sam back me up! I need you to slash their backs, it's their weak spot!" "Y-yeah, I got no sweat."

As I kill these alien babies I only wonder if I really am in love, I don't really have any experience in love, so I'm sure I just admire him. Yes, that's what it is, admiration, I couldn't possibly be in love with my own partner. "Gah, finally they're all dead. Let's head farther down the tunnel and finish this already, I'm hungry." I quickly scurry down the path and reply, "Alright, where you thinking of eating out? I have some nice leftovers at my place-" I don't even get to finish my sentence as lance says, "I'm fine eating at my place, why did you offer anyways? Usually you wanna go to a bar." I freeze, "well I thought it might be good if us, as partners, tried to get to know each other a bit more-." "That sounded a bit weird Sam-" "I know I know." As we walk into the distance he finally decided to got to my place for dinner.

"Dude, you need to eat healthier" he said as he looked in my fridge. I quickly close the door as I say, "Yeah let's not eat that, pretty sure all of it is expired, I usually just eat out." He sighs and says, "at this rate I'm going to have to come to your house every day to make sure you don't die." I get flustered at the thought of it, him coming to my house every day? Cooking?! Wow what would he look like with his hair tied up? "Why not just let me die and get a new partner?" I say as I snap out of it. "Well Andy would be the only employee left to work with me and, I don't exactly have enough patience for that guy." I laugh as I hear the door ring, "must be the food, I'll get it" lance says. As he walks over to the door and opens it I hear a familiar voice, "Sam can we talk-, who are you?" That's when I run up to the door and see-.