Chapter three

Lance

As I open the door I see someone, but they don't appear to be the delivery person. Before they even see me they hold the door open and say, "Sam can we talk-" He opens his eyes and sees that I'm not Sam. "Who are you?" As he says this Sam runs up behind me and shouts, "get out, Not the time okay, and I don't want to talk so don't come back!"

"Please Sam we can sort things out and-" Sam interrupts him and yell, "Get out." The guy seems to be frightened by this and turns away, but before he leaves he says, "Whatever, go have fun with your new boyfriend." With that Sam just slams the door and his back to the table. As I do the same I want to ask who it was that was at the door, but I don't think I really should at the moment. I've never seen him act that way, he's never been mad at anyone in the time I've known him. Something bad must've have happened between the two of them, I wonder what. As I thinking he breaks the silence with, "Hey, I'm sorry about that, the dude is crazy and keeps coming over. And I'm sorry if you found it offensive that he had called you my boyfriend." "No no! It was not offensive at all, but do you mind if I ask who he is?" with this Sam only pauses, probably trying to find a way to answer my question. "He's my ex." ...

After a long pause I finally say, "So, like ex partner or like, you dated?" He looks at me as I say, "that was a dumb question yeah sorry, um. So was that what he wanted to talk about?" He sighs as he rants on about how the dude keeps coming to his house asking for forgiveness for what he's done and he moved and got a new job recently trying to get away from Him. Somehow he found him and kept doing it. "Damn, must be rough." "Yeah it is." After the long pause and all I finally say, "So, you're into guys?" Shit, that made it way too awkward...

"Um, yeah figured it out recently. I guess I just didn't figure out then how to find the right person." As he says this, I notice he seems kind of sad, so I change the subject. "Damn the delivery guy is taking a while, wonder what it could be making them this late." Nope, did not help, god I'm bad at this. "What about you?" Sam ask me, I don't even know what that means. "Uh, what do you mean by that???" His face is flushed and he fidgets with his thumbs as he says, "what kind of people do you like?"

I just pause when I try to figure out way to respond. "W-well, I don't see why to restrict your love by gender so, I'm open to anything when it comes to my love life. Though I've only dated a few people here and there, varying im gender. I guess it took me a while to figure out who is best for me, well, haven't even figured that out yet actually." I laugh awkwardly as I look at the floor hoping something will save me from this moment. I hear the doorbell and jump up to get it, that thing is officially mu savior. Thankfully the is time when I open the door the food is actually there. "Hey lance, don't worry the food is on my." I smile as thanks and walk away from the door.

Turns out the food Sam had recommended was delicious, I devoured it in seconds. We laughed and had a good time. At some point we both got a little drunk and had been playing around, things seemed to get out of hand with Sam...