Progule

Nothing To Lose {Prologue}

Her black hair moves through the wind as flames around her grow. The air around her growing thicker and thicker. Fear laced in her eyes. Fear and regret. She didn't mean it.

"Selena!" A voice yelled to her but she didn't pay attention.

She didn't mean to do it. She was never like this.

"Selena come on!" The voice yelled grew louder, as if the source was coming closer to where she was standing.

She never pictured this ever happening in her life. She never pictures anything that has recently happened to her.

But she doesn't regret it. Only se regrets what she did. Her eyes never leaving the spot.

"Selena. Love come on." The voice says right next to her. She has no time to react as the owner of the voice grabs her by the arm and runs towards the exit of the warehouse. She looks around and sees a railing fall out of the ceiling landing on the ground engulfed by flames.

She closes her eyes.

She fell in love. That's all. So why? What? What came upon her to do it? Maybe love does make you do stupid stuff?

She doesn't even notice she's outside until he wraps his arms around her waist and brings her body into his chest. He comfortably lays her head on his chiseled pecs as he soothes her by rubbing the back of her head.

"It's okay baby. I'm here. I'm here. I'm gonna take care of it. Don't worry." He whispers to her calmingly.

This is why. This is why she did it. To save the one she loves.

She nuzzles her far into the crook of his neck and wraps her arms around his waist. She feels it. The light in her heart. And at that moment she feels safe. She feels like everything's gonna be fine. She feels love.

"I love you baby. I'm gonna keep you safe." His voice says with a passion and a promise.

"I love you Zayn." She replies back.

If only she can take back what she did.