Chapter 23: Jack's POV

Chapter 23:

~Jack’s POV~

Once Aliesha goes limp in my arms, I grab the long knife that she had resting on the counter in front of her. Since I escaped from jail, I have nothing on me except for my disgusting orange jumper. ‘Maybe I could use Oscar’s clothes,’ I think. I look down at Aliesha’s sleeping form and figure it’ll be awhile until she wakes. I step over her body and quietly ascend up the stairs.

‘Which room is hers?’ I think as I look at the multitude of closed doors in front of me. I go to the door straight across from the stairs and open it to reveal the other girls’ sleeping forms. ‘Well then,’ I shut the door and move on to the next. The door to the right reveals some of their rotten children, as do the next three. I go to the closed door at the end of the hallway and finally find Aliesha and Oscar’s room.

I silently open the door, revealing Aliesha’s dark and quiet bedroom. I shut the door behind me and swiftly go to their closet. I open the closet door and look at what I assume to be Oscar’s side. It consists of many nice dress shirts or tuxedo shirts, a few cotton button downs, multiple pairs of tan pants, and khakis. I take out a light blue button down shirt and a pair of his tan pants. ‘Do you mind if I borrow these, Oscar?’ I sarcastically think. I pull off the hideous orange jumpsuit and pull on my new pants. I grab a black belt out of the closet since Oscar and I are not the same size, and loop it through the belt loops. I pull the button down over my thin arms and once it’s on, I button up the front. I check to be sure I look good in the mirror, and grab a pair of black shoes and socks from Oscar’s closet.

I go over to the adjoining bathroom and turn on the light since there’s no windows in the small room. I look in the mirror and then down at the sink to where there is a small hairbrush. I pick it up and examine the pink color before running it through my long, graying hair. I pick up styling gel from the corner of the counter that I presume to be Oscar’s, and put a bit in my hair. I slick my hair back as best as I can, then secure the ends of my hair with a low ponytail. I check myself out in the mirror after I’m done, and smile at what I see. I am a man who takes his anger out on others. I’ve tried to stop, but this was how I was raised by my own father. It’s the only way I know to treat people, the way I was treated. I pop the collar on my shirt, and shut off the light before leaving the bathroom. I go through Aliesha and Oscar’s bedroom before returning to where I left Aliesha in the kitchen.

I pick up Aliesha’s slim wrists and begin pulling her to the front door, slowly but steadily. We weave through the maze of chairs in the dining room, then around the couches and leftover toys in the living room. I drop her when I reach the front door and open it, propping it open with a small, potted plant that was behind the door. I grab Aliesha’s body by the wrists again, and pull her through the door frame.  I let her go again when we are on the porch to place the plant back in its original position and to shut the door.

I go to her body and put my arms under her back to pick her up so I don’t have to drag her still, and she responds by wrapping her arms around my neck when I pick her up. ‘Shit,’ I think. I go to grab the chloroform that I stole out of my pocket when I realise I left the jumpsuit in the house. I shrug my shoulders before continuing down the driveway to where I parked the car that I hijacked before coming.

I open the back door and shove Aliesha’s body inside, tying her hands and feet with the seatbelts so she can’t escape. I shut the door, and get into the driver’s seat. I start the car and go on my way to Aliesha’s new home.

I pass multiple houses and streets, until I find the one I’m looking for. Fredrick street holds the place this all began, and will end. My childhood home. I grin as the faded blue shingles come into view, vines growing up the sides of the house, the grass overgrown. The house has been abandoned for twenty years, after my parents passed away at my “father’s” hand. The house had been given to me, but I never found any use of it until this very day.

I pull into the cracked driveway, and park the car in the open garage. As I get out of the car, a stray rat screeches past my feet, running out of the garage. I open the back door and untie Aliesha, pulling her ragged body from the straps. She moans as I drag her into the old house, her head thumping up the stairs as we go. I open the front door, it was never locked up after the murder, and pull Aliesha’s body inside.

I take her through the small living room, passing old couches dating back to the 1950s, that have been taken over by small animals. ‘First thing Aliesha has to do is clean this damn house.’ I think as I undo the latch to the basement.

Once it’s done, I throw her body down the stairs, landing with a thump when she hits the bottom. I quickly shut the door and lock it tight at both the bottom and top of the door, and go out to the kitchen. ‘Second order of business, make Aliesha get food. Third, get a haircut and a new identity. Then, the real business starts after the fun.’

A/N So sorry that I haven't posted in forever! After what happened to my wrist, I kinda just forgot about writing and fell into major writer's block! The wrist is all healed now, so I'm going to hopefully be on a normal writing scheduale again. Be sure to comment in the comments section below about what you thought about this chapter, and if you liked it be sure to give it a vote! Every vote or comment I recieve brightens my day, and I reply to every comment I recieve. Have a wonderful day/night, and keep reading!

<3,

R