Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

The other girls all wake up around me and Hazel and Fiona take Destiney, Faith, Raymond, Lucas, and Max to the other side of the room, carrying them so as to not wake them up. Jenna, Giavanne, and Eleanor gather around me with their blankets and help me through the birth.

Thirty- four minutes later, I hear the strangling cry of a newborn baby.

“She’s a girl!” Jenna cries, holding her in her hands.

“And I’m not done Jenna!” I cry out, another baby coming. Fifteen minutes later, another cry fills the air and Giavanne holds up another child, another girl.

“Another girl!” Giavanne cries out, holding up the child as well. “What are you going to name them?” she asks me, handing me the child in her arms.

I hold her close to my chest and she opens her eyes, revealing light grey eyes. “Her name is Rayne.” I say, cradling her in my arms.

“What’s this ones name going to be?” Jenna asks, still cradling the other girl.

“Her name is Savannah.” I say, getting up into a sitting position.

“Woah woah woah what are you trying to do Aliesha? You can’t get up yet, you have to stay there for a little. We can prop you up, but you can’t fully sit up yet.” Eleanor says.

“Okay.” I say, taking Savannah into my arms as well. Jenna and Eleanor prop me up on the wall while Giavanne takes the soiled blankets away to the corner where Jack would be picking up the laundry in the morning.

Faith is up at the time and walks over to me. “Is those my little sisters?” Faith asks in her small pixie like voice. Faith hasn’t learned how to speak properly as she is still five years old.

“Yes baby girl. Say hello to Savannah and Rayne.” I say, indicating to which ones were who as they were identical with their eyes closed. They each have very pale skin and a light dusting of blonde hair atop their heads, but when their eyes are open, Savannah has green-grey eyes, and Rayne has light grey eyes like me.

Jenna had dressed the twins in cloth diapers and a thin cotton shirt. Rayne’s shirt is grey fabric and Savannah’s shirt is black so that I could separate them easier. “Hi Rayne, hi Savannah.” Faith says, taking one of each of their hands into her own. Rayne opens her eyes and smiles up at her. “Mommy she smiled at me! She smiled at me!”

“Yes she did!”

A few hours later, the other children had met the twins and I was currently asleep while Jenna took care of the twins. I was having a dream and in the dream there was another man, but this time he didn’t want me for anything. He had taken myself and my children into his care. We were sat in his living room and there was a police officer sat across from us in the brown armchair. The man and the police officer were talking to each other, but I couldn’t hear them as their voices were muffled. I could see their lips moving, and lip read a few words out such as “arrest” and “Jack”. By those two words, I knew this was a dream about getting rescued from Jack. I knew that my subconscious mind had made up a dream that in it had my every wish come true.

The dream ends when I am poked into reality by my four year old son, Raymond. “What’s up Ray?” I ask him, rubbing the sleep from my eyes, well aware that I won’t be getting anymore sleep afterwards.

“I’m hungry Momma.” He says, rubbing his stomach.

“I’m sorry Ray. You’ll eat in a little bit okay?” I reply, hoping that it would be true, and hoping that Hazel hadn’t tried to respond to Jack the night before. “Hey Ray, can you go get Auntie Hazel for Mommy?”