Chapter 15: Mother?

Chapter 15:

“I thought I told you to stop calling me ‘mom’ ages ago. Do you need me to say it louder?” She says as she stumbles into my house.

“No, Savannah. You’re not allowed in my house, you’re not allowed in my life. Now if you would please leave…”

“Liesha who’s this?” Oscar says, coming up behind me.

“Oscar, what a lovely name.” my mother purrs out behind me.

“Savannah, he’s mine. Off limits.”

“Oh, so you’re a taken man? That’s okay, I like competition.” she says, pushing me out of the way. I crash against the wall and hit my shoulder that had been hurt when I was a little girl. I hiss in pain, grabbing my shoulder. Oscar goes for his gun and pulls it, but doesn’t cock it.

“Get out of my house now. I can have you arrested for harassment and injury.”

“And why’s that? Just because you have a stinky badge on your shoulder?” Savannah says, trying to unbutton his shirt.

“Momma? Who’s that?” comes a small voice from upstairs. I look up to see that it is Raymond.

My mother gasps. “Momma? He called you Momma? My slut of a daughter had a son?”

“Momma? I’m scared.” Raymond says, starting to come down the stairs.

“No, no, no. It’s okay baby. I’m coming up.” I say, beginning to stand up. Oscar had put his gun away when he heard Raymond.

“Oh no you’re not!” Savannah says, going to the stairs and races up them. Raymond screams a god-awful noise and suddenly, Destiney, Grey, and Faith rush out of their rooms. “Who are these little Aliesha?” Savannah says, reaching the top of the stairs.

“We are her kids! And momma isn’t little!” Faith says in her pixy-like voice.

“The slut had even more offspring!” my mother shrieks, waking up Rayne and Savannah who start wailing. “And she has babies! Babies I’m coming hold your shrieking!” my mother says, stalking towards their room.

At this point, I guess you could say motherly instincts took over. I race up the stairs and usher Raymond, Destiney, Grey, and Faith into their rooms, saying over and over that it would be alright. I chase after where Savannah went down the hallway and find her cradling Savannah in her arms. “Put my daughter down, Savannah.” I say, looking into her blue eyes.

“Why would I do that when this causes you such torture?” comes her reply.

“Because you will have a very angry mother if you don’t.” I say.

“Oh so scary!”

“It should be. I’m going to give you until the count of three to put my daughter down. One, three.” I run over to Savannah’s crib and quickly take her from my mother and put her back in her crib. I walk quickly over to my mother who had already gotten to Rayne’s crib on the other side of the room, and grab her hand. I pull her out of the room easily, since she mostly just fell and stumbled behind me. “Why are you trying to keep me away from my grandchildren? I never even knew they existed until today!”  Savannah shrieks.

“I’m not letting you near my children, mother. Not after what you did to me.”

“What did I ever do to you, Aliesha? Why are you so upset with me?” she asks as we get to the foyer.

“I’m upset with you because you abandoned Fiona and I when Fiona and I were little. We had to grow up without a mother because of you. I’m upset with you because instead of coming clean from drugs and getting help, you decided to go farther into them. You left Fiona and I to our sick and dying grandmother who then transferred us to your abusive sister. The court then sent Fiona and I to an orphanage, where we spent many a night going hungry. Jack found us, adopted us, and took us back to his house when I was thirteen. Jack used Fiona, myself, and ten other girls before Oscar rescued us all. And you have the guts to ask me why I don’t want to let you see or even come near to my children. I don’t want their lives to be ruined by you!” I open the door and grab her bags. I begin to push her out the door when she stops me.