Chapter 4

Her eyes opened as she blinked. She felt the rays of the sun, shine onto her room and right to her face when she got up from her bed, closing the curtains with a wave of her hand as they shut.

That dream felt all too surreal. Whatever happened in that dream seemed as if it was a memory of true events. But why did she dream of something she never knew about? A memory of one's life. The boy's life... But why?

...

"I wonder... Can I ever be happy like him?" That little boy's words cut her deeply. Mostly because she knows what it feels like to be a parent of sorts... She loves her children. Whether they're against her or with her. Just like her children who left to her sister's kingdom and are part of her knights.

"Oh, you're awake."

"What's this?" Morgan looked at Archer, who was out of his butler uniform and instead wore his casual clothing from yesterday. "I see you got your clothes back too..." She replied depressed.

"Relax. The suit you gave me didn't go anywhere. I'll still wear it." Archer said as he placed down the tray on the table next to Morgan's best. "Breakfast. Enjoy." Archer said.

"Y-you actually cooked something?"

"What? Did you expect me not to cook? I was simply following orders. Nothing else." Archer said as he turned around and began to leave.

"W-wait."

"?" Archer stopped and turned to look back at Morgan. "Yes, Master?"

"There you go again with that name."

"A force of habit sadly."

"Given that you're my familiar... You should feed me."

"... Come again?"

"I said that you're my familiar remember? Therefore you must feed me instead of myself doing so."

"The more you speak, the more you sound like a NEET." Archer mumbled. "But it can't be helped." Archer said in defeat. Is he sure that she is truly the Demon Lord?

"Good. Very good." Morgan said as she saw Archer begin to pick up the fork on the pancakes that gave syrup over them. Cutting them up with a blank stare. "May I ask you a serious question?"

"Depends on what you wish to ask." Archer replied, feeding her a piece from the pancakes. Morgan chewed as she calmly ate it. Savoring the flavor as Archer sticks the fork down again.

"So delicious..." Morgan mumbled with shock. She's never tasted such perfect pancakes before. "The right amount of syrup was used, the pancakes themselves send tons of flavor. I might have fallen." Morgan said.

"Fallen?"

"Fallen for my familiar."

"Haha. Very fun." Archer said as he began to feed her again.

After a while, Morgan finished her breakfast as Archer set the tray down to the side.

"So, what is it you wish to speak about Master?"

"I was wondering if you know anything about dreams. Especially, dreaming about weird anomalies that you've never seen in your life." Morgan said.

"..." Archer pondered at what she meant. He does not have a clue about what she meant. "No. There's nothing I know about the topic of anomalies that you can dream of. Why? Did something happen overnight?"

"I suppose you can say do." Morgan replied with a nod. "It was a dream about a fire."

"A fire? That doesn't sound abnormal. You must have seen some pretty nasty fires due to being a Demon Lord after all."