chapter 1

Putting the blade back inside of the book I kept it in, my gaze travels to the bloody cloth near my bed before I exit my room, shutting the door behind me.

I didn't want to move here.

To move to freaking Australia, where it's so hot I might melt, where memories with my dad were created, but leaving pain in its place.

And I sure as he'll didn't ask to leave all my friends in Boston

But as always, what I want doesn't matter, only my stuck up step sister, Brianna, the "angel" of the family.

Ever since my dad met her mom, my life had been a hell hole, at home that is.

I can be ground from everything for months at a time while they let their princess go out and party all night whenever she pleases. She had then wrapped around her perfect little finger.

I adjust my shirt, ignoring the raw-burning  feeling in my side as I trudge down the stairs, my shoulders already aching from the heavy school bag hanging from my shoulders.

All eyes turn to me as i walk to the fridge, searching for to eat.

"Alexa, are you really going out like that?" My step mother asks, her voice dripping with disgust. I roll my eyes.

I look down at my high waisted shorts-that were a little on the short side-, my black tank top, and converse.

"I look fine Pamela," I spat out.

I mentally high five myself, knowing she hates when I call her by her name. But why would I call her mom? She's never been one to me, so why lie and say she is.

"Go upstairs and change ri-" Pam starts, but is cut off by her precious little baby.

"Don't worry mom, she always looks like that...like a slut," Brianna snickers.

"Oh wow, how original," I scoff. "Says the one who can't keep her disgusting little legs closed when she leaves the house. Now thats a slut, Brianna."

I grab a bottle of water, and an apple before making my way out of the kitchen.

"I hate you both!" I shouted, slamming the the front door.

I wish my dad were still here.

When my dad met Pam, he was dying, and we all knew it. He was already on the third stage of lung cancer, and I'm sure the only reason Pam stuck around was because we had so much money. She didn't hate me then -in fact, she actually used to suck up to me, trying to buy my liking with expensive things- but she  does hate me now, mainly because my father's will went to me, and not the stuck up good digger.

Yes, I got all the money, his belongings, his little Aussie beach house, all of it .

_______________________

As I walk through the front entrance of the school I get unknowing looks from students in the crowded halls.

I do my best to ignore them, keeping my eyes down, and try and find the main office for my schedule.

After about 10 minutes of walking around I finally reach my first destination.

As I approach the desk, the man sitting  behind it smiles widely.

"How can I help you?" he asks cheerfully.

I shove my hands in might pockets, and take a deep breath.

"I need my schedul?," I say my statement coming out sounding more like a question.

The man raises his eyebrow at me. "You mean your timetable?"

I nod, and tell him my name, and he disappears for few moments.

"what year?" Someone behind me asks.

I turn around, pointing to myself, obviously confused.

An attractive looking boy, who seems about my age, stood maybe a few feet behind me, rolling on the balls of his feet.

The boy laughs. "Yes, you. What year are you in?"

"Um, Im in 11th grade," I say.

"Year 11? So am I. I'm Luke," the boy smiles, holding out his hand.

I gaze into his striking blue eyes, and shake his hand. "Alexis. So, do you have a last name, Luke?"

"Oh yeah, it's Hemmings."

"Mines Hall," I tell Luke as the man comes back with my timetable.

"Mr. Hemmings, why don't you show Alexa around, then  take her to her class."

Luke agrees, then takes a look at my timetable.

"We have alot of classes together, so we can walk together most of the day,"Luke smiles.

I smile back. "Awesome."

Then we start walking down the now quiet, empty hallway.

And thats when I start to feel uneasy.

AN

alright, new story, umm... vote, comment, and follow, maybe?

thanks... Enjoy

•savvy•