Chapter 00

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction.

↭↭↭

This story has/may have but not limited to violence, explicit language/scenes, deaths, abuse, and such that may trigger negative psychological traumas and may not be appropriate for some readers. Please read at your own risks.

↭↭↭

In this world, there exists things that are known and unknown.

This world is inhabited by known beings, known all over this earth. To start, there's the living things that we all know. Among the three living things, humans are called the highest being out of the three. Why..? Common folks would probably agree with the phrase "Humans are different". Of course humans are different, yet sometimes they're just like, an animal in the wild.

Humans and animals are often compared with each other. Such a funny thing to do, isn't it? They are even usually phrased with "Humans are better." But are they, really?

I have these doubts lingering on my mind though. For instance, among humans there are countless of differences. Humans are unified yet they are divided. They are good yet they are bad. There are numerous characteristics. Several different traits for each person. Not to mention, the feelings of humans–anger, sadness, happiness, excitement, flustering, melancholy, and many more.

I find these feelings somewhat peculiar..? 

On one particular matter, these feelings of vengeance...this rage...this urge to kill...this retaliation...this act of revenge...What are they for?

Does doing them help me? Would they satisfy and release something cooped up within me? Would I possibly feel relieved and satisfied? And yet the unknown.  I'm human, I cannot be an exemption to those unknown...to these unquenchable thirst for something. You know, if I think really hard about it...These unknown things, these undiscovered factors are scary. On the other hand, we can think of these unknowns as something that could help us grow. But I still wonder...

I'm no exemption to greed, not to desire. We're all, somehow, tied with something...I guess? Something that we need to do our very best just to be rid of.

Haa...If I cannot chase these feelings...this madness away...

...Might as well as just do my worst, then.

***

RIN

I've been wishing to work on the field for, what, God-knows how long but not like this. I'm not ready for this heavy case for the first field work that I will help with. First thing's first, stay calm. Let's...just stay calm! I'm not the one leading the scene, I'm just here as a patrol officer and be a little extra hand for the other officers.

Who am I? Rin, remember who and what you are. A police officer! Yes,  young police officer. I've been working diligently every day. Today, I was dragged here as soon as I entered the office of our department. Me, who just clocked in and was clueless. I have Max to thank for that. I don't know what he's up to but he want me to look at the scene.

Okay. Let's go!

I finally entered the elevator. The crime scene is on the penthouse of this high-rise. Let's calmly approach this one. As soon as I stepped out of the elevator, I could already smell it. Me and my sensitive nose.