Chapter 02

[ Location: Philippines ]

XXX

Shit. Why did that group got involve?!  Was that why no other group other than these guys accepted my offer?! When, where, and why did this happen?? Do I deserve this? No! Argh! It's all that dip shit's fault! Getting caught and all! I can just hope he won't sing to the police.

"Ay nako! Siya at ako? Gago ba kayo? Hindi ako papatol sa bata! HAHAHAHA"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! Talaga lang, ah? HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Hays. These guys...How on earth they still can play and get drunk? Are they not aware that their group might stop existing in this world?

Haa. Lowlife, I forgot

We planned this carefully but we've failed. They're probably, sooner or later, find something that connects to the killing of those four assholes through that dipshit!

"Can I have the attention of every one?" Finally, the boss of these lowlives appeared and spoke. "As you all know, hindi na tayo p'wedeng magtagal dito sa Pilipinas"

Since he started speaking in Tagalog, I had my assistant translate it for me. Not all of them are Filipinos but they understand the language.

"Ha, boss ba't kailangan pa nating umalis?"

"Aiisshh. You are not informed, yet? We've got the Raven's attention because of the recent job," he explains, calmly. "Had I known that this job would have something that Raven would want to ruin, I wouldn't have accepted a penny."

"Are you blaming me now?!" I exclaimed. He's got the guts to do so! When we were talking about the money his smile was from ear to ear!

He furrowed his brow at me, "No, I'm not?" he almost chuckled then loosened his furrowed brow. "We've escaped them before. I know we can do that again!"

They yelled a shout of victory. As if a proud people had come together.

Wait..wait..wait! They...escaped Raven's clasped before? The Raven? 

"Mukhang nagdu-duda ang ating foreign friend here, hahahaha" he said, referring to me. "It was at least 4..? No, it has been 5 years now. They were chasing us because of a job we never expected to turn out so big. As you can see, they have failed and we are alive still! Hahahahaha! That job made us rich!,"

What the-

So they were able to escape not because this group is extremely good. These guys were just lucky. I believe it was around then that their leader, Rage suddenly disappeared. One year of no sighting of their leader. He was like that before when they were still making their name known but not a whole year.  At most, they will be quiet for half a year. Apparently, Rage went on a rampage because of something that the information broker I asked, weren't able to find out. So, their team were focused on finding and stopping their enraged boss. That's why these lowlives were able to escape! Ugh!

Look at their prideful faces! Dumbasses! What have I gotten myself into? Why did I chose to associate myself with Sharks' group?! I'm gonna die?!

[ Back in: San Francisco]

RIN MASON

I'VE been stuck in the office work for the next two days after that time on the rooftop, like a glue. We've gotten busy because of the case that the whole team is working on. I don't do errands, like, getting food and coffee for everyone anymore. But! In exchange, the paper works keeps piling up!

I can't work with them for straight hours because sometimes I would need to assist field officers using my computer. Like, finding information about this building or that building or that person or that person. I also can put my hands on an average, if not intermediate hacking levels. It's quite sad that they just found out about it even though Max keeps on promoting how 'good' I was. He often ask me for infos when he needs it.