𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐀

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱

I shot up from the couch once I heard the doorbell. I opened the door to see Ashtray for the second time today, this time wearing a grey nike tech tracksuit with a white tee and chain peaking through.

I looked down at my own clothes, instantly feeling embarrassed that he was seeing me in my pijamas. I mentally cursed at myself for not changing before he arrived but stepped aside gesturing for him to come in.

"Shit, what your parents do to be able to afford this big ass house?" Ash looked around at the interior design.

"My mom's a travel nurse," I shrugged. My mom made a lot of money that allowed us to get a nice house but there's not much point if she's hardly ever here to see it.

"Do you want anything to eat?" I guided Ashtray through to the kitchen where I opened up the cupboard filled with snacks.

He took a bag of sour patch kids while I put some fresh popcorn into two bowls for us. "I hope you like salted," I grinned as I passed him one of the bowls.

"Uh, thanks," he nodded as we both entered the living room.

I consciously didn't sit too close to him, feeling a little awkward since we were still newly acquainted. I felt his eyes on me as I flicked through Netflix but his attention quickly turned to the screen once the movie started.

It was weird at first, both of us sat in silence as I tried to hold in my laughter. Ash was much better at it than me, he managed to stay dead pan then entire time.

That was until about 20 minutes in when the drum set scene came up and he broke out laughing. I jumped a little at the outburst, watching as he struggled to contain his amusement.

"Whatchu looking at me like that for?" he raised his eyebrows at me, his hard exterior returning.

"Nothing, it's just that's the first time I think I've ever seen you smile," I spoke without even thinking, slightly regretting my own blunt honesty.

"Well don't get used to it," he rolled his eyes and turned back to the screen although I could see him smirking from the corner of my eye.

For the rest of the movie we were both more relaxed, actually laughing at the jokes and occasionally making little comments to each other.

"Shall we watch the sequel?" I asked as the credits began to roll.

"If you want," he nodded. "Can I use your bathroom?"

"Yea, of course. go upstairs and it's the first door on the left," I explained as he got up from the couch.

When he sat back down I noticed he was closer to me than before, close enough for me to smell his cologne and hear each breath that left his lips. I tried to ignore the new intimacy despite the nerves in my stomach, instead I forced myself to focus on the movie.

About 30 minutes had gone by and he had turned silent, even when they made the funniest jokes. I peered over and saw his eyes closed.

He looked so peaceful when he was asleep, no sign of the frown I usually saw him with. It was hard to believe he was the same guy that I was so scared of just 24 hours ago.

I couldn't help but admire his face tattoos up close, part of me wanting to reach out and trace them but I fought against it incase I was to wake him up.

Soon enough I felt my own eyelids flutter close as I rested against his side, the droning noise from the movie eventually disappearing.