Chapter 6. The Ultimate Choice

Flashback
Logan just got up from his seat in court. His fate was sealed as he was sentenced to death. The guards escorted Logan out of the court and to a small cell where he waited until he was given a death date. He still didn't know why he was here himself. All he remembers is killing 20 people after they tried to kidnap, r*pe, and kill a group of women and kids. However, the justice system failed, and because he killed 20 people, they thought that was enough to sentence him to death. However, he didn't complain or beg for his life he just...accepted it, but then one day, someone would change his life. One day, a girl named Junko Enoshima came by to visit Logan. She claimed she was family and they let her in. She was intrigued by Logan's case and wanted to talk to him.

Junko: "I heard about what you did, you killed 20 people all by yourself-"

Logan: "yeah, well those scumbags deserved it. Even if I've been sentenced to death...I don't regret it"

Junko: "what? Wait, you don't feel despair? You did the right thing and what was your reward? A punishment"

Logan: "even so, I saved them those women and children. I don't need a reward or anything, and even tho they didn't defend me in court. Apparently they all fled the country, they thought it was a terrible place after almost experiencing something so terrible. The court thought I made it all up and just killed the 20 gang members cuz I'm crazy, so they're gonna put me down"

Junko: "...heh, that's great. That's just great! Hahahaha!"

Logan was confused and Junko grabbed the bars between them.

Junko: "tell you what, I'll let you out of here and you can also flee the country to escape your doom"

Logan: "...how are you gonna do that?"

Junko: "don't worry about it, I've got that covered"

Junko looks at a clock in the room and then back to Logan.

Junko: "I hear you're the Ultimate Parkour Pro"

Logan: "what about it?"

Junko: "you could easily make it to the airport in 10 minutes. A plane will be taking off soon and it's heading out of the country. If you sneak onto the plane, you'll be free"

Logan: "I believe it when I-"

Junko unlocks the cell with some keys.

Logan: "...you had that the whole time?!"

Junko: "yep. Now hurry if you don't wanna die"

Logan wasted no time and hit the dash as he made his way to the airport. Soon some police officers were made aware of his escape and chased after him. They didn't know how he escaped. Once they entered the cell, Junko was gone, and one police officer was killed. His keys were missing as well, leading the police to think someone killed him, got the keys, and broke him out...

Logan looked down as Junko was grinning, knowing she won.

Lucas: "she saved you? What are you talking about?"

Logan: "...I killed 20 gang members trying to save some innocent people. Justice system failed. I was given a death sentence. I was supposed to die, but Junko freed me...I'm sorry I never told you guys this, especially you Crystal...the only reason I was on that island was because I snuck into the plane"

Jason: "that means..."

Lucas: "if we go back in time and stop Junko, Logan will die and you guys won't ever remember him because you wouldn't have met"

Crystal: "what? No...No! That's not fair! There has to be another way!"

Logan: "there isn't...but don't worry, I've made my choice...I'll do it. I'll go back in time and save the world from this despair"