Chapter 6: Taking action

Currently, in the middle of a playground, a group of girls are seen using their newfound Esper powers. One of them is seemingly lifting her friend into the air using telekinesis.

Akemi: This is amazing, Ruiko!

She exclaimed as she turns her head towards Saten and accidentally drops her friend to the ground as she lost focus.

Akemi: Before, I could barely lift up a paper cup!

She said, however, Saten wasn't paying attention to her as she was focused on using her own ability.

Saten: (thoughts) What do I do... I've got an ability!

She was making some small leaves swirl around on the palm of her hands. What must have seemed dull and dreary to other Espers, to her is the most remarkable thing she had ever witnessed.

Saten: (thoughts) It's not much of an ability compared to Misaka-san, or Shiranobu-kun... And from other's perspective, it must be pretty lame...

Saten stared at the swirling leaves with an ecstatic look on her face. She had finally done it. She had finally got an ability to call her own.

Saten: (thoughts) ...I've become an Esper!

However, none of them could've foreseen the consequences of their actions.

(Timeskip)

Uiharu: ...And finished!

At the Judgement 177 Branch office, Uiharu is currently on her computer, plugged into an Mp3 player and downloading its contents with Kuroko watching next to her.

Uiharu: But to think you could level up just by listening to this... Is that actually possible?

Kuroko: Shiranobu said that was the case

Uiharu: Honestly, it doesn't seem to be true, does it? ...But if I used this and became a more powerful Esper than Shirai-san...

A grin slowly formed on her face.

Uiharu: I could get back at her in all sorts of ways...

Kuroko: Your thoughts are leaking out

Uiharu didn't realize that she said that out loud as Kuroko then looked at her with a mischievous smirk.