Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I haven't had a good sleep.

As I stand in front of the mirror, I realized I looked like mumu. But a pretty mumu, anyway.

I lifted my hand to show a peace sign on the mirror, protruding my lips to make a cute face but it only looked like a mumu trying hard to be a pretty white lady.

I heaved a deep sigh. My smile dropped. I walked towards my bed back and fell on it, screaming without a voice while covering my face with the pillow.

What happened last night kept on visiting me on my sleep, even in my dreams kahit I slept only a little and now, even if I'm wide awake, I can still remember it!

He showed me the beads from the broken bracelet while he's fully drenched with water. I was shocked, it made my heart thumped loudly but I panicked and slammed the door on his face instead.

That was rude, Gab! How dare you slam the door on a man fully drenched just to find your beads?!

But it wasn't on my mind last night. I hyperventilated, panicked. My mind literally went black that after I slammed the door on his face, I ran to my bed, covered my face with my blanket and pretended I am not existing!

Then, I heard him knocked once again. I didn't answer it, anyway, expecting him to call again but I heard nothing after that. When I took a peek outside, he's already gone. There's no bakas na rin sa floor ng drops of water from his wet body. Like I was just imagining everything but I know I didn't.

But I did the right thing, right? Or did I?

A doorbell from outside made me pop up from rolling on my bed. I walked to the door to see who was it but I was welcomed by the empty hallway instead.

My forehead creased. I stepped out to check but my foot got bump on something and when I lowered my face to check, I saw a small box and a piece of a plant in a flower pot.

I took it, brought it inside my room to check.

I opened the box first and it made me smile when I realized chocolates was there! With different colors, shapes and sizes! I took one and tried it, gasping in amazement when the chocolate filling melted inside my mouth.

This is my first time to receive something like this! Sa palace namin, there are chocolate, foods and flower gifts but I never once got it. After I pretend to accept it, the house helps would take it because my mother said so.

I'm not allowed to kain kasi, eh. They said my figure would be ugly and if I get fat, no prince would ask for my hand in marriage.

Really? Is that gano'n ba talaga? I don't think love is merely just because of shape and body size. It's feelings! What's the connection between a prince asking your hand for marriage and your body?

Is it really physical lang?

"Who gave this?" I mumbled, smiling. I tried looking around for a letter or something but I find none so I proceeded observing the flowers.

The color's a mix of green, pink and purple. The leaves are like and shaped like flowers too. It was small and yet, it looked beautiful and aesthetic in the eye.

What is this?

I heard the doorbell again that I abruptly jumped out, hoping to see if it's the person who gave me this but I saw G with her husband instead.

"Gab-Gab! Magandang morning!" my cousin's energetic as she greeted me with a sweet smile and offered me a hug.

"Beautiful umaga to you, too, G!" I giggled and hugged her back, glancing at Lucian and waved my hand a little. "Beautiful umaga, Lucian!"