8: Breached

REPORT TO YOUR STATIONS IMMEDIATELY a voice in the PA alerts, sending groups of men to arm themselves.

"You need to get out of here! They're much closer than you think." A male voice barked out, undoubtedly stressed as I hear him aggressively pressing buttons.

Ugh not again. I thought as my vision slowly clears, leaving only a black hazy filter. I look around at the gray concrete walls littered with unkempt wires, my eyes landing on a large center console displaying a set of people– one male, one female.

"Take the twins. They're not ready for this." The man, who was wearing a black coat and a monocle, gestures to glass cells that direct my and his companion's attention.

WE ARE UNDER ATTACK the speakers repeat, further stressing the agents and scientists around them.

The companion, who I'm only able to make out as a fellow scientist from his short gray coat, immediately rushes to grab the keys hanging beside the doors. However, they stop mid-way, their blurry face contorting at the man's command. "What about you? What are you going to do?"

"I'll take him and hold them off. Don't jeopardize my progress."

"YOUR progress? I think you forget who you're dealing with, Dr. Strucker." Gray coat gritted out, fists balling at their sides as they stomped towards him.

"How about you remind me again? Or did you forget I was the one who had to save your ass when you caused her brand to reappear?" Strucker spat out, slamming his hand on the table next to them, sending papers and gears flying.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL–

"The longer we wait the more we lose control of her! It's bad enough that she's working with them." The scientist exclaims as they chase Strucker around the room.

"I don't want to hear it! You're on thin ice. Trust my plan and fuck off!" Strucker yells as the scientist grumbles off with the twins, the others following suit. As the door shuts he flips tables and opens drawers, frantically searching around.

Finally finding what he's looking for, he slips it into his coat pocket. The room shakes and rumbles as he walks over to a pressurized chamber, awaking whatever was inside.

Strucker sighs, "It's time."

His voice– which was just a mere whisper, slowly got louder and more feminine. The shaking walls slowly transformed around me into the familiar metallic walls of the Quinjet, rumbling as it prepared to land.

"Hey, Y/n. It's time," Nat smiles, lightly shaking my shoulders as I blink away the sleep.

"Looks like you snuck quite a good one, kid. You're definitely gonna need it," Tony remarks, pointing towards the snowy building now coming fully into view.

I stretch and peer out the window, seeing multiple Hydra agents, soldiers, and military equipment bustling about. I gulp, my palms suddenly getting sweaty as I move to prepare the med-screen on the jet to reflect everyone's vitals with Bruce.

"Alright. We're just outside the compound," Clint announces, prompting everyone to check their coms before heading to their battle stations. The jet lands with a light thud, sending snow billowing around us as the cargo hold swings open.

The crisp winter air sends a chill down my spine as I follow the team, adrenaline slowly taking over my body as we inch closer to the entrance. We take cover behind a couple of sandbags as Nat sneaks over to a small hut controlling the dark green gates. A second goes by– then another, and another, until–