6. VERDE DE ENVIDIA

Better Than Revenge by Taylor Swift

"She took him faster than you could say sabotage... Soon she's gonna find stealing other people's toys on the playground won't make you many friends. She should keep in mind... There is nothing I do better than revenge."

~~~

A couple of phone calls and two months later, she's finally got a legitimate music team to work with.

Complete with drummer, guitarist, keyboardist, and backup vocalists, she's already recorded five songs and added more track list ideas to her notes. They've decided on a name, too: "Allison and the Last Goodbyes."

~~~

"Good work, guys," she says enthusiastically, stepping out of their rented rehearsal room.

"Hey, Allie," her guitarist calls after her.

"Please don't call me that." Allison winces.

Too many memories I don't need flooding back.

"Sorry. I was just wondering if I could talk to you really quickly." The nervous twenty year old brunette fiddles with her guitar case.

Trying to stay positive, the blonde singer regains her composure. "Sure, what's on your mind?"

Lord knows what's on mine.

"Well... I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I think he's cheating on you."

"He who? I'm not dating anyone."

"Oh, you're not dating James Franco anymore?" The young girl asks bluntly.

"No," Allison says slowly.

"Oh, sorry." The girl tucks her red-dyed hair behind her ear. "It's just that on the news the other night I saw paparazzi photos of him at a café with a girl that looked nothing like you."

"What café was it?" Her heart speeds up.

Why the fuck do you even care anymore? It's been two months, move on! He obviously did!

"The small one downtown, Lé Brume." She watches Allison's facial expression carefully. "You know that place?"

"All too well." She grits her teeth.

"I'm sorry, Allison. I didn't mean to ruin your good mood today; I just thought you should know."

"It's fine. You weren't the one who ruined my good mood."

~~~

Tapping the green call symbol next to her ex's number, Allison's phone begins to register the call.

"Hello?" The distant voice is sleepy and deep.

"Hey, Bradley."

"Allison?" He sounds surprised. After a long pause, he finally speaks again. "Why are you calling me?"

"Listen, I need a favor. Do you- do you think you could come over?"

~~~

"No way. I am not fucking with James Franco."

"You only have to make it look like we're together."

"Listen, Allison, I can't do this. Besides, you broke up with me."

"I had to, Bradley. I was leaving to come here to L.A. and I could tell you didn't want to come with me."

"You didn't even fucking ask me!" He throws his hands up, his blond hair shaking from the force.