The Mask

Barbra was sat in the batcave performing her regular duties as Oracle, when Jason Todd of all people decided to interrupt her "What the hell do you want Jason?" she really didn't have time for this tonight, "Actually, I've been meaning to ask about that photo on your desk." Babs sighed, someone was bound to ask eventually, and it just HAD to be Jason "That is... was my little sister, she... she was killed by the Joker".

 "I'm sorry for your loss".

Wait wait wait, did Jason Todd, the red hood actually feel bad for someone, and that someone was HER, "Well, you can't save everyone, no matter how hard you try, no matter how much you want to..."

Jason froze, when she looked at him again she saw rage in his eyes, the barely restrained pit madness type of rage, and then he spoke in a cold angry tone "you really are just like him in all the worst ways" she was confused by his words "Jay, what do you mean?" she asked softly, and then, he snapped "You really believe that I didn't shadow Bruce when I came back from my little trip to the afterlife huh! That I didn't hear him say that exact same thing as a way to excuse, no justify, the fact that he couldn't save me! And then he just moved on, don't kid yourself, the only reason you say that is to rid yourself of the guilt you feel over her death, you don't really care about her, just the idea of being able to be the hero and that you 'did the right thing' stop lying to yourself Batgirl... oh I'm sorry, Oracle."

*beep* *beep* *beep* Right, no real time for emotions, they both had a job to do. "Someone just stole from the Gotham bank." Jason took a breath and nodded, "I'm on it."

A mere few minutes later Jason landed on a roof near the bank, now in full Red hood costume. He saw a dark figure running across the roofs, he quickly gave chase and eventually came face to face with their mystery criminal, the figure was clearly female, opting to wear a black bodysuit and an also black cape with a hood, the inside of the cape however, was a midnight purple color, the girl's face was covered by a white smiling theater mask. "Why are you doing thing? What do you stand to gain from this?" as if contemplating his question the figure tilted her head to the side before replying "Trust me, I gain very little from this, after all I may not want to play the hero anymore, but I'm not above doing the right thing, kinda the robin hood type. But you know what that's like. Besides getting to cause some confusion for Oracle is the only reward I need." Before Jason could snap out of his mild confusion, she threw a punch. Just barely dodging the hit Jason retaliated, they both fought with the same level of skill and cunning. Until the girl drew her weapons, two katanas that were strapped to her back, Jason drew his own weapons and the fight continued. "Soooo, what do I call ya?" Jason asked cheekily as they fought "You may call me mask."

After that no words were spoken, until Jason was able to knock the white mask from the girls face. And the person underneath was a slightly older, but still recognizable face was the girl from Barbra's photo. But what drew Jason's attention as her hair tumbled free from her hood was long red hair with a distinct white streak in the front right.