- 4 -

"mr. park?" i heard principal's voice behind me. i guess he remembers my name because i transferred. not many people do it that late.

i just passed the gates and already did something wrong?

i came earlier today, hoping i'll find jungwon and maybe talk to him for a while.

they weren't joking saying it's hard to catch him.

"could you give it to the council president, yang jungwon? it's kind of important and you're early so i hope it's not a big deal."

"no sir. i'll do it" i lifted the corner of my mouth, feeling happy about meeting the younger.

he thanked me and rushed to his office. i looked at the stack of paper wondering what's it about. don't get me wrong, i'm not nosy. just curious.

where can i find the boy?

after some time i found the radio room. there was a little window in the door. i peeked through it and saw someone's back.

maybe it's him?

i knocked and entered the area, immediately attracting his attention.

"hi, principal said to give it to you" i handed him the papers.

"o hello! thank you, i forgot to pick them up on the way here" a sigh escaped his mouth.

"you need any more help?" i offered, hoping he'll agree. it'd mean i'd have a chance to get to know him.

"no, not for now but thanks" he showed his cute dimples. "you too. i mean, if you'll ever need help just find me."

"thank you" i didn't know what to say.

"god, where are my manners? yang jungwon. council president as you already know" he bowed and laughed awkwardly. "i'm from 2c."

second grader in the council, additionally the president?

"i'm jay. park jeongseong but jay is good" he nodded.

"no jay-hyung?" he chuckled.

"i'd be nice but i'm okay with anything you're comfortable with" i replied honestly. i'm not used to the honorifics yet. i didn't really care about them since no one used them in the us. sometimes i forget about them.

"sure, jay-hyung" he shuffled the papers i brought. he probably noticed i have nowhere to go so he spoke. "it's about open days, for the newcomers."

we sat down at a small table. i wanted to say something but he was focused on reading so i didn't bother him.

"you know what? actually you could help if it's not a problem."

"anything."

"we can meet during the lunch break? i have to take it to ms. jung" i shook my head and i followed him to the door.

actually, why do i care so much?

~~~

"took you long enough" i laughed, eyeing the panting boy in front of me. he tried his best to catch a breath.

"i'm sorry, i was–"

"it's fine" i grinned. "let's go?" we headed to de nearest table. many people waved or greeted with jungwon. he always smiled and returned it nicely.

he's so nice.

"so i was telling about open day. the main hall has to be done. you know set up the tables, hang decorations."

"sure, i can do it."

"no no! you could help me do it. i can show you around in return, so you won't get lost again" he giggled.

"i'd love that."

~~~

i don't know what to say so i'll just drop a chapter and leave haha

thank you for reading, have a nice day/good night<3