Chapter Four

That night I removed all of my personal belongings from my desk. You see, after about two hours of pleading and around a thousand puppy dog faces later, I was now quitting my job at Universal and re-joining the guys but this time as a roadie… full-time.

I was still worried about how Matt was going to react but they guys had promised me that they would handle him for me.

So there I was, arriving at the arena the next evening. As I got out of the car I was met by Brian, Zacky, Johnny and some other random guy.

“Hey Natalie.”

“Yo what up Brian?”

“You got your suitcase with you?”

“My name’s not Johnny, I can remember my suitcase.”

“That was ONE time okay?”

I giggled and gave Johnny a hug.

“Aw, Mr. Gnome feeling embarrassed in front of the new roadie kid?”

The guys bust up laughing when I said this for some reason. It wasn’t until I really looked at the other guy that I realized my mistake.

“Oh crap, sorry. You must be Arin Ilejay.”

“Yeah, and you are?”

“Natalie Hunter.”

“This is Sneakers?”

The guys nodded at him and I blushed, great, just what I needed, another reminder of my past.

“The one and only.”

“I like her, I don’t get what Matt’s problem is?”

I felt my cheeks burning up and I bit down on my lip hard to stop from crying. That confirmed my suspicions, I had hurt Matt and now he hated me.

“Arin, too far man, too far.”

“Sorry Natalie.”

“It’s cool Arin, by the way, you gotta have a nickname if you’re part of the family.”

“I’m scared.”

“So you should be man.” Zacky told him, patting him on the back.

Everyone was almost leaning in to hear what I would come up with but then I noticed his hair for the first time, how I missed it I don’t know, and I made my decision.

“Goldilocks!”

All four of them winced as soon as the painfully loud yell left my lips.

“Sorry.” That one was in a whisper.

“You’re good Sneakers and I like it, Arin, from now on you shall be known as Goldilocks.”

“Ah, come on! Everyone else has cool names, Goldilocks is NOT cool guys.”

“You’ll get over it… Goldilocks.”