Last Train Home (Sequel to LOAA) (M. Shadows)

Natalie’s POV:

I woke up with a throbbing headache, obviously going to that after party for Motionless in White had NOT been as good an idea as I thought it would’ve been.

As I rolled over I noticed that when Angelo Parente had dropped me off at home he had kindly left me a bottle of aspirin and a glass of water on my bedside table. I swallowed two aspirin with a sip of water and then decided that it was probably time to get up and get dressed. By the time I finally ventured downstairs to feed Jaeger and grab some coffee and a snack bar before leaving for work, it was already nine-thirty, to put it simply… I WAS FUCKING LATE!

I ran out of my house, down the stairs and jumped into my ’67 Chevrolet Impala then sped off into the heart of New York City, to Universal Records where I now worked as a PA for one of the directors there.

As I drove, I listened and sang along to the latest Avenged Sevenfold album, Nightmare. As always a shed a few tears when So Far Away started up and then when I heard Jimmy singing in Fiction.

It was always pretty creepy listening to that song knowing that within hours of recording those lyrics, he was dead.

I still felt bad for not ever returning to Huntington even it was just to visit the guys apart from Matt and offer my condolences, visit Jimmy’s grave and pay my last respects. He had been one of my best friends and I wasn’t even there when he died.

You see, I’ve known M. Shadows since we were ten. We were best friends all the way through our school years. When we were twenty-one, he went on tour with his band, Avenged Sevenfold (I hadn’t known the rest of the guys at that point), and I didn’t hear anything from him for three years. Then, by mere coincidence, I became a part of the WHOLE of Avenged Sevenfold’s family when I became their assistant manager.

I was there when they were recording their self-titled album, which were some of the best times of my life. I was there with them when they went on tour with Escape The Fate.

It was during that tour that everything started to go wrong. It was during that tour that I fell in and out of love with the singer from Escape The Fate, at the time, Ronnie Radke. Soon after I ended it with him for cheating on me, I made the mistake of sleeping with Matt.

Truth is, I was always in love with Matt but either he didn’t care or he didn’t know. I just hope that it was because he didn’t KNOW. After I slept with him, things REALLY started to go wrong. That’s why I left them. For the sake of the band’s friendship… or so I’d told myself.