8

C H A P T E R 8

I've Overstepped

2018, Washington D.C, White House 

IT took more restraint and resolve than Lydia would like to admit. To leave him there. To leave him in want. To leave him uncared for. 

Yet she walked right out of his office without a second glance. The first sight of him already being too much. 

Enough

She feared that if she looked at him again she would stay. The image of his full penis leaking precum. It made her head dizzy.

As she rounded the corner, head held high, she made a b line to the break room where she hastily closed the door to collect her thoughts. Thankfully it was empty.  

Two men in the span of three days. The same two men she'd run from whenever they demanded more than just sex. 

Fitz was right.

 She was eager to leave him, it was an intentional need to remove herself from his space. Being at his beck and call day and night. Eat, breathing, and sleeping with every wake of his existence. A protector and his most trusted assassin in the day and mistress in their off-hours made them develop feelings they shouldn't have. 

He was the President, a married man at that.

 Nothing more could come out of it, so she fled. She ran for her life. She ran when he looked at her in such a touching manner that she could easily reciprocate.

It was clear as day and she needed to wipe the mist of love that had befallen them. She needed to be reminded of her responsibility. Sleeping on flowery beds of ease was for the normal everyday person. One who could afford such trivial things; like starting a family, living on a farm; being in love. 

She was no ordinary person and he was no ordinary man.

He would lose his position, one he sold his soul for. She would lose her job for breaking code, one she lost her humanity with. The things she's done with these bare hands did not allow for a normal life after this work.

Legowick Fitz was of limits.

Yet she wanted to know what it felt like to be loved to feel loved and so she ran right into a past she was trying to submit. Her first love. It was unintentional she heard of Monte a childhood friend of hers t'was the perfect excuse to leave Fitz and get a break. 

She could feen extreme care for the woman and demanded time to personally investigate it herself. Yet she was no closer than she was when she met the woman. A death she couldn't prevent no matter how hard she tried. 

Inhaling deeply she could feel her anxiety spiking. She needed to get back in control. Yet now all she could see was the scared woman, her eyes peering at her begging her not to leave. Not to leave her unprotected. She knew it was the Russians. Their involvement was vivid, she knew the minute she saw that revolver in her safe; one she relied was really her husband's.