4

C H A P T E R  4
OWN WAY

THEY hadn't found anything of importance last night, they gathered the same results as before. Nothing was pointing to anyone or thing. Kenneth could see the tension on the Chief's skin as he called for everyone to wrap it up. They left the house with nothing but gruesome images in their minds. Kenneth couldn't wrap his head around it. But he knew Ava was an important piece in the puzzle, that is Lydia Monte's death. Her husband had been on a three-week cruise, splurging the money his dead wife had given him. The car ride was silent until the Chief piped his thoughts in four words,  "Call her in tonight "

Kenneth didn't need to know who it was, the contours in the Chief's face, and his purse lips spoke volumes. He rung Ava's phone, on the third ring Cheif took Kenneth's phone before he could respond " Come to the office" 

Kenneth didn't hear her response, it was obviously nothing good as the Cheif creased his forehead, a small hiss leaving his mouth as his the flashing light distorted his features.

"I'm not coming to the club Lydia" was his gruff response as the older man pinched his nose. The conversation didn't last long, and sooner than later the Chief ordered the other member within the car to make a detour. Dennor, was his name, Kenneth believed. It was quite unique.  

They had to park the flashing blue three blocks up, as they foot the next block down. Tonight seemed busy. The night was cold, despite them being layered with clothing. The Cheif seemed to know this route well, he didn't stop to eye the scenery either, he didn't glance at the men who eyed them. The ones whose eyes lingered longer than it should, made Dennor and Kenneth tighten their grips around the machine on their waist belt. 

Flashing pink lights were the first to catch their attention, as the club's vibrancy became apparent as they drew closer to the obvious distance.  Next was the cheering and bustling of horny men forcing there way in, as the bouncer pushed them out and shouted for order.

"I'll do all the talking" The chief stated, Kenneth and Dennnor nodded their heads. They hadn't felt like being talkative tonight, needless to say, they wouldn't have the right words either to get the most of the situation at hand.

Their she was twirling her hips sensually, Dennor had stopped at the entrance in pure shock. Poor champ maybe hadn't been in these areas of town. Lydia stood beside the pole. Heart coverings, hiding the chocolate button on her flesh. Her mound covered in thin material finished off with thick, clear 6 inch heels. Her 4c hair in a slick bun, make up done with eyelashes long one could use to write a manuscript once dipped in black ink.

"Ahh, my man!" The bouncer called as they saw Cheif approach them, fighting through the crowd, he stealthily approached the blues. 

"Butch" The Chief murmured as he eyed the man similar in height, taking his had in a firm grip.

Kenneth crunched his eyebrows as he eyed the man that had called to Ava the last time he was here. Putting his tone to features, Kenneth wasn't expecting him to look like, the way he looked. Then again he had no train of thought.  The music pelted through the walls, causing ripples of vibration to hit the concrete. Throughout you could feel the bass thumping, intimidating the beats of your heart.  

"What brings you and the gang here?" He shouted over the commotion. 

"Lydia, I need Lydia" Cheif stated firmly, his lips set in a grim line.

"You know its her night, Cheif, last time one of your men made me lose $3,000" Butch stated eyeing Kenneth. "I can't let that happen again, you know that" Butch stated, slapping his hand down on the Cheif shoulder. The motion was quick, but the Cheif shrugged his hands off.

"If I say I need Ava you give  Ava" Cheif stated, eyes glowering. Butch rose his hand as a sign of defeat, with a smirk playing on his lips "Always getting your own way, no wonder Ava have you wrapped around her fingers" 

Cheif scuffed "Stop talking and bring me to her " 

Butch chuckled, an emotion playing in his eyes, one Kenneth couldn't decipher as he eyed the two's conversation.  

"Say no mo, but" Butch grinned eyeing Kenneth and Dennor "They gotta stay outside " 

The Chief eyed the boys behind him and shrugged "Okay" Kenneth was shocked, while Butch tsk, "Want her all to yourself I see, she had fun with pretty boi over there" 

Cheif didn't answer, eyes blank, his back straightened as he waited for Butch to lead him to the woman that should've been his wife. Butch ended up giving up his useless banter as he led the blue inside to Lydia Ava.

It wasn't long before Cheif was seated, the same seat Kenneth had shared, the one right in front of her. Lydia smirked down at him, as she sauntered her way to his table stepping off her podium, and unto his, she stood in the center, putting on a show. The dancing lights played tricks with her skin, as it glowed healthily. She was thick, thick in her thighs, hips but smaller on the top half. Tattoos littered her body as she left nothing to the imagination. The chief saw it the tattoo they both got, still intact on her thigh, seemingly haven been redone. 

She grasped his head placing it right there. She knew what she was doing, tugging on his heartstrings, this was her environment. 

She had control here. 

He missed it, missed grabbing her things as she cried his name. Despite her being flirtatious he was her first, and undoubtedly should be her last. The thought made his head heavy, as the yearning desire to take her off the stage grew stronger.

 The chief was losing his resolve and she loved it.

With softness, he kissed over the tattoo, then on it.  Ava hadn't failed to notice it, the sensation made her hot. His head was buried between her thighs as she placed her heel on his shoulder for balance.  

Before he forgot he threw three hundred franklins on the table. "Room now." his voice was heavy.

"You came prepared " Lydia stated forcing his head to look up unto her face, she took in the face of the man that nearly made her change her ways, nearly.  Grey hairs speckled amongst his black fade. 

"Adam" she murmured, her face contoured in unexplainable bewilderment "You're getting old " 

The chief smirked, " A room, and then answers" 

WORD COUNT
1124