Chameleons And Confessions

The scenery was absolutely stunning. It was a clearing, with a river going fast, making a lovely sound that (Y/n) could have listened to all day. The trees reached a little over, into the clearing, sunrays shining through them, giving it all a magical look. Flowers of all kinds, big and small spread throughout, making (Y/n) question if isabela sometimes practices here. A few small animals where drinking from the river, he kinda wanted to pet one of them.
He sat down in front of the river, taking off his worn down shoes and dipping his bare feet into the cold water, the pressure of the flow pulling his feet along with them. Camilo sat down next to him, repeating what (Y/n) had just done.
Then they just sat there, basking in eachothers presence. They sat there for quite a while, enjoying a comfortable silence, other than the akward one from before. "Hey camilo?" He turned to the boy in question before he continued. "What's it like?" He asked. Camilo only gave him a confused look with furrowed brows. "Having a family that big. I mean, you always have someone you can talk to, or someone to hang out and have fun with." (Y/n) paused looking at the river, seemingly deep in thought. "And if not your family, then you have the townsfolk. You're so popular and loved, everybody wants to hang out with you. How does that feel?" He turned back to camilo, now looking him in the eyes. "Is it as great as everybody says it is? Or is it completely different?" (Y/n) asked again, he looked so desperate for an answer. "At the beginning it was great. I loved the attention I got from everyone, but..." Now camilo stared into the river, dipping his hand into the flowing water. "But after, I dunno, a year or two, it got overwhelming. Everybody always needed me to do something for them. Of course I loved to help them out, but I never really got a break." He didn't notice as he started to tear up, only feeling (Y/n)'s hand over his as an attempt of cheering him up a bit, and to encourage him to keep going. "And abuela. I love her, I really do, but the pressure she put on us was so much. There where times where I just couldn't handle it anymore, and just ran off. She always told me after how difficult I was being, that she was only looking out for the family, and the miracle. But to me it seemed like the miracle was more important to her than us." Camilo only now noticed the tears flowing down his face. (Y/n) wiped them off, tearing up himself. "Do you need a hug?" Camilo only nodded, and wrapped his arms around the other. (Y/n) doing the same. Camilo burried his face in (Y/n) shoulder, neither of them caring that his shirt was getting soaked. Camilo couldn't stop the tears from flowing down, more and more. So they just continued to hold eachother, (Y/n)'s hands combing through camilos brown hair, massageing his scalp to calm him down atleast a little bit. Camilo relaxed at the feeling, focusing on it.
After a while, he had calmed down, and they let go of eachother. "Camilo, you should probably drink something, you cried a lot." (Y/n) said concerned, not wanting him to fall over from dehydration. "Yeah. I probably should, huh?" He said turning to the river to drink.
"Y'know, I've never told anyone about this." Camilo said after chugging down some of the water. "I won't tell anybody, if that's what you're worried about." (Y/n)  said, looking at camilo. "No no, that's not what I meant." He said looking into the trees. "I meant that, even if I don't know why, I trust you. A lot." He turned to (Y/n) with a little smile on his face, but (Y/n) could tell it was real by the look in his eyes. "A terrible decision really." (Y/n) said in a joking manner, trying to lighten up the mood. Camilo chuckled at his response, feeling a lot better.