(Episode one) - Grey's insolence

(A/N: Do NOT proceed (to read this) if you haven't read the "WARNING" chapter).

GREY POV:

Caera reached deep inside her undershirt and lifted a pendant. It was teardrop-shaped and had a blue crystalline surface. She handed it me, letting me study it up close.

The pendant was warm to my touch, probably from the effect of her body heat, I thought, as my face reddened.

I held the pendant in my palms, as Caera continued with her story. Due to our close proximity, my hand brushed against her soft bosoms accidentally, making her body shiver a little and her words falter.

Her cheeks visibly turned red as she lowered her head in embarrassment; but she didn't back away. Her face pressed against mine due to that sudden movement, in-turn letting the scent of her hair reach my nostrils.

My mind entered a bliss at her intoxicating scent, making my senses falter. I suddenly felt the urge to lift my hand to caress her cheeks, which gleamed against the cave light, her skin so smooth and flawless, I could've mistaken her for a porcelain doll.

I had two choices. Either to carry on and see where this goes...or, quit my actions and go to sleep.

What for? I thought immediately.

I've been living a life of abstinence; even in my past life, I had only made any physical contact with women to get myself past Cecilia's death.

I wasn't sure if it was due to Tessia's possible death; or seeing Cecilia again. But, I felt my former self attempting to take over me.

I could, either contain it, as I had done all these times ever since waking up in the relictombs and losing Tessia...or, I could just let myself be taken over by my inner demon.

I can be Arthur. Or I can be Grey...

My heart thrummed fast, and it only took me a split second to choose.

I am Grey...after all. I thought with a smirk. I needed this distraction.

My hand dropped the pendant, before I lifted it up to brush Caera's cheek with my fingers. Her skin felt so smooth and cold to the touch, as I gently caressed them with much care, making Caera flinch in surprise. 

"G-Grey! W-What are you d—" she stopped her previous explanation and yelled in a high-pitch voice.

I felt my stomach flip, but I pressed on.

"Shhh... Isn't this what you wanted? Why else did you follow a stranger into such a dangerous place, huh?" I said, mustering a confident smile.

"Wha-What are you talking about? I was just curious...", she bit back her words and gulped down audibly, as I tucked back the strands of hair from her face.

I knew I had crossed the point of no return. Swallowing a lump of dry saliva, I kept going, fuelled by my desires.

With my gaze fixed on Caera's nervous face, I let my fingers slowly slide to the crook of her neck. Grabbing her nape inside my palm, I caressed her cheek with my thumb. With every stroke, her breathing became heavy as her chests lifted up to hit mine in succession.

"Tell me you don't like this...and I'll stop." I said with a soft, yet firm voice; while my hand emitted a subtle amount of aether, making my touch feel warmer against this colder region.

She bit her lips as they quivered in nervousness; but she kept her silence... Her neck clung to my hand, yearning for the warmth it provided.

Every second that passed, gave me confidence.