002

Jayden gingerly places her head against the bus window heaving out a sigh as the events that occurred only hours ago run through her mind. She was tired and scared, but she knew what she had to do and she finally did it.

After Jayden had laid on the floor while fighting to keep conscious, she had finally mustered the small bit of strength she had left to get up and walk up, or should I say crawl up the stairs to get all of her stuff together to leave.

You see Jayden had already prepared a bag to leave consisting of a couple of items of clothing, toiletries, and money she had been saving up for a while now to leave. Yet she had always stopped herself because of the hope that she still had in her heart that her father would one day change, he would apologize and everything would go back to normal.

But no, not this time.

After the abuse she had endured, she realized that the only way that things would change, would be if she was away from him.

So she grabbed the bag hidden behind her clothes in her closet, put on her shoes, pulled on her jacket, and quietly limped her way down the hall towards the stairs. She knew that her father wasn't waking up any soon, but she still kept cautious.

She limped down the stairs, quietly opened the door, and walked out of the house with so many memories.

"Goodbye, Dad" she whispered

And never looked back.

So now we're here, with Jayden leaned against the window of a bus, drowning in a big oversized hoody with black sweatpants looking out into the night thinking about what she'd do now. She knew that she'd have to get a job to support herself. She was on her way to Los Angeles California. She decided to go there because it was a big place and most likely a place where her father wouldn't be able to find her quickly.

She began thinking about how bizarre this was, I mean she had only just turned 15 and now she was all on her own. But in some weird way, Jayden was ok with that, she was ok with being alone and on her own because that's how it had been for the last 7 years. So she wasn't exactly torn about it, just a little shocked.

But she'd be ok, she knew that she'd be ok now that he was away from her father.

And that was all that mattered.