Fire

I quickly stood up from the dusty ground, not wanting to draw unwanted attention. I looked down at my hand. The ring glinted. I wondered if people would be suspicious of me having such a beautiful ring, thinking that I might have stole it somewhere.

Don't think about what other people think. Think and follow, the path that you believe is right.

Oh. When did you get so smart all of a sudden Kuldr? I teased him. He stayed silent. He never ever answered when I teased him. Gosh that little thing had lots of emotions.

I walked on randomly in town. I knew the center well, but not the many roads off of it. I only came here probably once in 3 months to buy new clothes. My mother came here more times to buy bread, and other foods if we had a shortage. Everything else we either grew, and I hunted.

I finally came to a stop, at the front of a small store. I am just so lucky today. I walked in to see a girl of my age, sitting at the counter. I smiled.

"What may I do for you today?"

"I am looking for some new, good clothes preferably a tunic with a hood, and leather pants." I said curtly

"That's great. I have just what you need, and I think you will like it."

She led me down small hall full of clothes on both sides, until she came to a stop. I looked up. It was an outfit just like I wanted. A black tunic, a little higher than my knees, and leather strap around its waste, and a long hood, that I always used to block out rain. Dark brown leather pants. And shiny, black, tall combat boots, that stopped in between my knees, and ankle.

"It's perfect." I said, and smiled.

The girl smiled back.

"Now all we need to do is find your size. I bet you are small right."

"Yes. I hate my size though. I wish I was a medium, and taller."

"But your size fits you perfectly, and actually you aren't that short, your medium. Look at me. I'm shorter than you."

I looked at her.

"Oh yes."

"So go fit it out."

She handed the clothes, and boots, and showed me to the fitting room.

I went in and changed, and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked... different. Much more women like. The clothes that I had on before were getting old and loosely hang around my body.

The tunic's strap showed all my edges, and the pants wrapped around me, and the combat boots looked good on me.

I walked out.

"Do I look fine?" I asked.

"You look amazing! I bet all the young men will be running after you when they see you!" she clapped her hands excitedly.

"I'm not planning on that yet." I said simply.

"Why not, won't it be great to have a man in the family. No doing outside chores, just the kitchen." she said.

"Well, I guess." I answered.

"Okay are you ready to buy?" she asked

"Yes."

I came up to the counter and took out the money. Gosh I had a lot of money, compared to what I usually had. My mother had saved up a lot for me. I then bought the clothes.

"Hey, you know you should wear the clothes you bought right now."

"I should?"

"Yes!"