Chapter 8 - Miracle Under Moonlight

Lottie's Point of View

"I just got off the phone with Niko," I declared, striding into the conference room with my arms wound around my project notes folder as the door swung shut after me. Digby and Uncle Lyle sat in their respective places at the table, their eyes following me as I crossed the room, clicking my way to the table to join them. "I'm happy to announce that it's all good news. Fantastic news, actually."

"I've got some pretty good news, too," Uncle Lyle replied as I scooted out the chair next to Digby and lowered myself into a seat. "Please tell us yours first, though."

"Thank you." I plopped my folder down onto the table and politely folded my paws on top of it. "Niko called me back this morning while I was preparing for this meeting. He had done a bit of research about this company and agreed to share the required details and addresses to ship out my work. I plan to get everything in regards to my work sent out by this afternoon and my belongings closer to the day of."

"Oh, speaking of which," Digby abruptly interjected, drawing all of the attention in the room. "Do you have a set date for the launch yet?"

"Yes, I do," I announced. "I plan to leave on the morning of November fifth. I believe that'll allow us plenty of time to finish the developmental stage."

Digby nodded slightly in acknowledgment, shifting in his seat to glance over at my uncle as if to relay the message to him through his eyes. When neither of them seemed to have any kind of verbal response, I went on.

"Additionally, both the office and my home have already been fully prepped," I explained. "Niko and his family have already moved in furniture and tended to everything as such. Having those spaces already ready for us helps immensely to ship all of those boxes out. And now, since that part of production is all finished, it's about time to begin hosting interviews to hire an assistant. That's what I was working on when Niko called me. I've completed, finalized, and released the form on our website."

"That's great news," Digby said brightly. "So that part's all done, then, right? You're going to collect the applications and begin interviews?"

"That's right," I agreed. "I haven't checked the number of submissions since I first posted it, but I'm sure we at least have a few already. I have plans to begin interviewing on the eleventh, so I'll need to adjust my current schedule accordingly. If all goes well, I'll have some promising candidates by the time I turn twenty-eight next month and have more than a month remaining for final decisions and finishing touches."

"Oh, if I may," Uncle Lyle spoke up from across the table before I could have had the chance to continue. "When you said finishing touches, it reminded me. I thought of something that I've been meaning to bring up to you. I think it would be a good idea to design an official uniform for HHP like we do here at the HHDA."

"I didn't even think about that," I admitted. "Now that you mention it, that's a great idea. I'll create and submit a design before the end of the month. I'll also have to call Niko back to get his shirt size as well as those for his family if they want any."

"Do you have any initial ideas?" Digby inquired from beside me. "I'm pretty sure that every little thing about it has to be carefully considered, from the color to the patterns."

"Not anything distinct," I said. "I like the eye-drawing feature of Happy Home's signature red, a very commanding and powerful piece that shows that we're ready for anything, but if I go with that, it might be best to tone it down a little to gather more of the relaxed vibe. As for the patterns, I need to spend more thought on it. I'd like to have various designs speaking to the paradise theme, but I need it to absolutely capture that feel. It's only August first, so having that design by the end of the month won't be a problem. I'm always welcome to ideas, though."