27 - Our Lands II

[Luke's POV]

Matt continued to give everyone a small tour of the neighbourhood, Sweet-Heart Homemade Meals, Nebula Restaurant and Sunshine Diner were a few notable shops he mentioned till we reached the Oasis Pet Shelter.

"You can't play with the pups here but you can feed them and ask to take them on a walk in the park in the morning, right now the pups must be resting or eating, do you wanna go in?" Matt asks looking at the crowd.

"Hmm well if we get to feed them then I'd like it" Daniel states scratching behind his ear shyly.

"Mirae might like seeing her old friends too" Crystal agrees looking down at the energetic pup.

"Jace let's go too!"

"S-sure Vasco" Jace cautiously smiles at he overly excited male.

"Let's all go then" Lucy suggests looking at the crowd that agrees with her in nods and replies before we all head in to witness all sorts of creatures.

"Jace look at all the puppies!! But they're hurt..."

"Vasco, the kittens are hurt too.. but they're being treated well! So don't worry"

"Woah look at those birds!"

"Yeah we got a lot of birds here, most of them are bird who made nests in the buildings instead of forest or their nests have broken during rain and strong winds, so whoever finds them brings them here and we take care of them till they're good enough to fly" Chris, one of the staff at the shelter explains stepping forward.

"Is that why you made a whole forest in this cage?" Jace asks gesturing to the huge cage that stretched down the hall.

"Yeah they need to learn how to nest, sleep and fly so being in this huge place works for them"

"Here let me get a friend out" Chris suddenly turns to the cage and whistles.

"BRAAAACK"

Everyone jumps back and some even fall down as a huge white cockatoo screeches in and clings to the cage.

"This is Whiz, Lucy named him that cause she thought he was under drugs the first time she met her" Chris exposes Lucy who covers herself behind Luna

"But as you can see this lil guy is just really energetic"

"Yeah nah he doped" Mike blurts out composing his scared self as Matt, Eric and Violet nodded along to his statement.

"Hey Whiz, how ya been?" Luna asks from the bird to which it flaps it's wings and replies with another ear-bleeding screech.

"He sounds like he could beat all of us just by screeching in a fight" Matt scoffs out, the thought sounding very possible to many of the others.

"Whiz for the win" Crystal blurts out earning snorts and chuckles. And the fact hat they found it funny was an evident surprise to her, since the tips of her ears turned red.