ELEVEN

Since Su-hyeok and On-jo did nothing but watch Cheong-San break down on the floor, Y/n took matters into her own hands.

Crouching down to Cheong-San's level, she pulled him into a hug. He immediately clung back and continued sobbing.

She turned them around so he couldn't see his mom being hit over and over.

Rubbing his back, she whispered words of hope, trying to mute the sounds of the zombie mom being hit.

"Once we get out of here, there will be a cure and all humanity will be saved. We'll go back to school and everything will be fine."

The amount of bullshit she was spouting was unbelievable, but to keep going Cheong-San needed to grieve like a normal person.

If she had to be the rock of the team and make sure they survive, so be it. A few white lies couldn't make the situation, that they're in, worse than it already is.

"Hurry!"

Once they looked back they noticed zombies started heading toward them.

"Run!"

Su-hyeok and Y/n helped Cheong-San up and dragged him with them as they ran.

Letting On-jo take over, the thunder made Y/n fall slightly behind.

"Come on, we have to go. Let's go, let's go!"

Once they got up a minor hill more thunder was heard which, thankfully, made the small hoard that was chasing them run in different directions.

Turning a corner, they were all running at a different pace, making the slowest ones fall behind. That being Ji-min and Hyo-ryung.

As the group got ahead they didn't seem to notice how two people were gone.

Once Hyo-ryung fell she called out for her friend.

"Ji-min, help me!" Instead of helping she backed away slowly and ran in another direction.

Aren't friends supposed to help each other?

About to be bitten, Woo-jin came to the rescue and threw himself onto the singular zombie, making them both fall.

"Get up!" Trying to pull her up they both ended up slipping again.

Once the zombie started heading towards them it was suddenly shot by an arrow and fell over.

"Sister."

Dragging each other, the smaller group began running toward the others.

Making it inside the gymnasium, Y/n and Nam-ra tensed. Joon-yeong picking up on it asked Y/n.

"What's wrong, Y/n?"

"Y/n?" A voice replayed instantly, almost like an echo.

"Run. Let's go-" Before she could finish that sentence she felt someone jump on her back, hugging her from behind.

Lightning flashed the gym and the other's eyes all widened at the sight, a huge hoard of athlete zombies.

"Oh shit." She heard Mi-jin's voice in her ear and knew it wasn't a zombie, just someone who thought Y/n died.

Being brought out of her thoughts, Mi-jin kept hitting Y/n on the head, trying to tell her to run before they turn into a zombie's next meal.

Since the hoard started running towards them Y/n decided to run as is, protecting Mi-jin, as she ran towards the storage room.

Since Min-jae was being chased by zombies and Mi-jin was on Y/n's back, that left Ha-ri to push Joon-seong.

"Run! Go! Save yourself! Just go! You'll die!"