Chapter 9

An hour later.

Khushi contacted Pooja and Shalini who were awaiting for her signal before contacting the police and the army. Arnav had his arms wrapped around her shoulders as they watched the scenes in front of them. Now that everyone was free, Alekh, Yudi, Huda, and Ali were gathered around Rajveer and Naina to greet and hug them properly. There were lots of tears involved along with long lost happy smiles.

"Sir ji, sorry itna der huya apko bachane me." [Sorry, sir, it took us so much time.] Huda told him making a puppy face. "Ye sab na, chhoti Phoolan ki kasoor hai. Usi ne bari hone me itna time laga diya, otherwise we were ready with everything." he said complaining about Khushi. [It was all our Little bandit queen's fault. She took so much time to grow up. otherwise we were ready with everything.]

Rajveer gave him a confused look. "Phoolan to aap Naina ko bulate the na? To fir yeh Chhoti Phoolan kaun hai?" He inquired. [Did you address Naina as 'Bandit queen'? Then who is this 'Little bandit queen'?]

"Huda bhai humari lawyer sahiba ko Chhoti Phoolan bulate hai." Ali clarified with a smile. [Huda calls our dear Ms. Lawyer as Little bandit queen.] 

"Apun apko aur Naina ko usse milwata hai." [Let me introduce Naina and you to her.] Alekh told him before turning towards his niece. "Chhutki, can you come here for a moment?" [Little one, can you come over for a moment?] He called out.

Khushi stepped up to her father and stretched out her hand. "Hello, sir! I'm Advocate Khushi Singh Raizada. It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

"Same to you, Advocate Raizada." Rajveer replied. Before they could continue to chat some more, they heard the siren of police jeeps.

Next an hour was a blur of giving statements, gathering everyone, getting checked out by the paramedics, so on and so forth. Lala was loaded in an ambulance and taken to a hospital nearby with police and army officers escorting the ambulance. Khushi was giving her statement when she noticed an army officer approaching her mother. Since she had investigated all the players in her parents lives, she recognized the officer easily. It was none other than Captain Abhimanyu Rai Chauhan, who was Lieutenant Colonel at the moment.

"Hello Naina! Kaisi hai aap? If you had said yes to me when I proposed you all those years ago, you wouldn't have had to get tortured for so many years. What did you get by loving Rajveer?  Tell me!" Abhimanyu taunted.

Rajveer was only a few feet away from them and had heard everything everyone you was saying. He couldn't believe the man who he used to consider his friend could hate him so much that he proposed to Rajveer's girlfriend. He didn't know if he felt angry, betrayed, or jealous. 

Khushi, on the other hand, was ready to murder Abhimanyu. She was super angry. She badly wanted to punch him, but Arnav caught her hand and stopped her. "This is her fight. Let her do it. Have faith in her!" He advised.

Naina turned towards Abhimanyu with a smile on her face. "I will tell you the same thing I told you then. I would rather be his whore than your wife. I never regretted saying no to you. I would never regret loving Rajveer." She told him firmly. Her last two sentences were directed to Rajveer, to assure him that she didn't regret choosing him. With a smile, she started heading towards Rajveer when Abhimanyu questioned her from behind.

"Are you telling me... that you never regretted choosing him even when you were 6 months pregnant and your parents had thrown you out of your house? Have you ever wondered what your poor child must be thinking about her parents?" He shouted after her.

 that you never regretted choosing him even when you were 6 months pregnant and your parents had thrown you out of your house? Have you ever wondered what your poor child must be thinking about her parents?" He shouted after her