Saving Me Again

I get home and pack up my things. I want to do this. I want to leave. I'm going to miss everyone. Why am I doing this? I can't not go through with it now. I finished packing my things and sat on my bed and read a book to pass some time. I'm leaving at 3 am. I'm just going to stay up all night. I heard someone coming and I knew that it was probably Dal, so I hid my things in the closet and pretended to be asleep. I hear him open the door, walk in and sighs. I feel his hand on my shoulder and then leave the room, closing the door behind him. It was late by then so I got up and checked the time. It was about 1:30 so I decided to take a shower and get ready as quietly as I could. Luckily both Dallas and Buck are heavy sleepers. I get ready to go and head downstairs. I grab some water from the fridge when the phone starts ringing. I pick it up not wanting to wake the boys and instantly I hear Darry.

"Hey Buck, can you get Dallas on the line? We have a problem."

I hear voices in the background yelling at each other. Soda cracked. Crap.

"Crap,'' I say it out loud.

"Julia?" he heard me. I slam the phone down on the receiver and run out the door. Darry is going to come and get me, he knows. They know. I could hear everyone on the phone except for Dally obviously. I run with the things in my hands. I ran all the way to the train station. I buy my ticket for New York and wait. I didn't have to wait long though. I get on the train, but not before hearing a bunch of voices behind me. The doors are about to close when I feel someone grab my waist and pull me down to the ground.

"NO, LET ME GO! I HAVE TO GO!" I was screaming.

"I can't let you do this," I hear a voice say. I lift my head and see the train moving, damn it. I look over and I see Sodapop. I let out a groan and let my head hit the concrete under me. That hurt.

"Listen, I know you hate me, but I'm not letting you walk out of everyone else's life just because of me." He gets up then walks away. I can hear a herd of people come towards me. The gang. I really don't want to face the gang right now. Dallas was there too. I got up and started walking, leaving all my stuff where it was. The gang started coming over to me. They were asking me if I was ok, or why I was leaving, and Dally was just cussing at me. I pushed all of them away from me and kept walking away.

"Oh no you dont you little bitch," Dallas grabs my wrist tight. Right, where I cut myself just like Soda did, except the person who was grabbing me didn't know what my wrist looks like.

"Ow, Dally, Dally, Dally let go."

He lets go and there's blood on his fingers. He looks at his hands then faces me in disbelief. Everyone did, including the two boys who did know because they knew I had to have done it recently. Because the last time I did it they thought it was about a month ago.

"Oh my god kid, what the hell did you do this for?" Dallas asked.

"I did it because I wanted to alright. Now I'm going home." I started walking away.

"Get in the car, I'll take ya home alright." I turn to the right and see Soda with the keys in his hand walking toward the car. I walk to the car and get in.

"I'll come back and get you guys can you just get all her things," Soda says to the gang then gets in the car.

"Why are you helping me Soda?"

He looks over at me and sizes me up then looks back at the road, "I don't know some things are worth saving. And I guess you are one of those things."

I look at him, sigh then look down and shake my head, "You just tackled me to the ground." I let out a laugh.

He also laughs, "I couldn't think of anything else to do."

I look at him still laughing and shake my head again.

"You know I miss this, us just being... us," I say, still looking at him. He smiles, "Me too."

We kept talking for the rest of the ride. We got to Bucks but I didn't want to get out of the car.

"I'm glad you're happy with Sandy, Soda and I mean that." I pat his leg by his knee and he smiles at me. I get out of the car and walk inside. I think we might be able to get somewhere now. Somewhere good. I head upstairs and get dressed in some PJs then lay down in bed and go to sleep. That sleep didn't last long, because Dallas came bombarding into my room. I opened my eyes to see him putting my suitcase down. I get up on my elbows and cock my eyebrow.

"Don't look at me like that, you almost ran off to that horrible city and didn't even think to at least leave a note?" Oops, I forgot about that.

"Dallas, I'm not in the mood. Can we talk about this tomorrow?"

"No, I want to talk about this now. Why the hell did you try to run away to New York, and Why are you cutting yourself?"

"Ok well first of all it doesn't take a scientist to figure out why I am cutting my wrist and second of all, the reason I went to New York is that I wanted to get away from Soda, it was like everywhere I went I saw him and it reminded me about how much I messed up. Alright there you have your answer now can I go to bed, oh and don't blame this on Soda and beat him up it's my fault, to begin with."

"Yea fine, whatever. Goodnight Jules."

"Good night Dal." He walks out of the room and closes the door. I closed my eyes and thought about what was going to happen tomorrow. The boys are going to be all over my case.