Great Fucking Gatsby

Chapter 1 |

 —

George Davidson sits in his living room, waiting for his ride. It's Thursday noon. Although he's reading Archie's Pals 'n'  Gals, he's thinking about F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Fitzgeralds most popular book. The Great Gatsby. He's thinking it's very much a young man's book. He's thinking that Fitzgerald really portrayed what it was actually like to be a rich man. A rich man with no fucking friends. He's thinking it would make a good thesis for an essay, not that he was very good at writing those anyway. 

At three minutes past twelve, he hears a knock at the door. He opens it, and there stand two boys around his age. One, blond, standing at an intimidating height of 6'4. The other, short, brown haired, wearing an odd looking multicoloured pull over sweater. Both of them, with a green bracelet hugging their left wrist. All of Richie's men wear bracelets. Who knows why. George knows the tall one from school. He's been hanging around Richie for a while. His name is Clay Webber.  Because of his height, a few of the other guys nicknamed him 'Street Pole', or — now since he's got a girlfriend 'Stripper Pole'.  But never to his face, obviously. George doesn't know the other one. He must be local. Webber holds out his hand. George dismisses it with an eye roll. 

"Hey, George, s'been a while. Good to see you." 

"Can't say the same for you, Clay."

Ignoring Georges sarcasm, he introduces the other boy, "This is Karl." 

George eyes the shorter one, not really sure what to think of them yet. 

Karl smirks. Clay takes the Archie digest from Georges hand. 

"Nice to see you haven't changed."

"Yeah," George says. "Yeah. I like them quit a bit. The funny ones. Sometimes superheroes but I don't like them as much." 

Webber breezes through the pages and shows something to Karl. "Look at these chicks. Man, I could get off to these." 

"Betty and Veronica," George says, taking the comic back. "Veronica is Archie's girlfriend and Betty wants to be."

"You read books too?" Webber asks.

"Some, if I'm going on a long trip. And magazines. But mostly comic books." 

"Good, good," Webber says, and drops Karl a wink. Not very subtle, and Karl frowns, but George's okay with it.

"You ready to take a ride?"

NEW CHAOTER TODAY I THINK I JUSG DIDNT FEEL LIKE WRITUNG MORE RN OK BYE