Chapter 6

Chapter 6 - No Choice

Sat- 6. September 1977

"What?", I asked, even though I understood what he said. It was just unbearable to think of him as a Death Eater.

"Yeah, he told me that the dark Lord would give me the dark mark on Christmas holiday.", Peter mumbled and my jar dropped. That could not be true! Why did our father do this to Peter, he knew that he was a Gryffindor and that he thought like one as well. We had told him so many times and we were punished with the cruciatus curse so many times, but then finally he let us go, or that's what I thought.

When I was going to answer Peter, I could see that many Gryffindors, who left the Quidditch pitch, looked at us and so I decided to walk to the lake to be more alone.

"You mean you will meet Volde- "

"Don't say his name!"

"You will meet the dark Lord at christmas? But you can't become a Death Eater, we were allowed to join the Order after Hogwarts! That means that we get to be free from our parents!", I told him, but he just glared at me, like I did something wrong and drove his hand through his dark blonde hair that was so much like our moms.

"I can't just tell him that I don't want to be a Death Eater! He will kill me the second I say no!", Peter said with panic in his voice. I hated seeing my brother like this, we were always there for each other and now I really had to be there for him.

"Tell him that you will be his spy!", I suddenly exclaimed and a bit of hope made it's way into my heart. "Tell him, that you can't have the Dark Mark because the people from the Order would notice it, but that you will spy for him after you leave Hogwarts!"

Peter didn't look as excited as I did and when he answered, he spoke like he was a dead man already: "But then I would have to betray my friends, Scar! I would never do that." Before I could say anything else to him, he turned into a rat and ran in the direction of the lake.

"PETER! Talk to me! I want to help you!", I shouted after him, but it was no use. I couldn't even be angry at him for running away from this conversation, because I didn't know what I would do in such a situation. I would never want to betray my friends as well, but it didn't make sense to run from Voldemort either. He could find anyone and then he would kill them. He would kill Peter.

Absorbed in thought, I returned to the castle and sat down at the lunch table. There were only a few students left who ate lunch, because it was almost four o'clock. I wasn't really hungry, I just didn't know what else to do and I didn't want Aya to ask me what was going on, because I knew I couldn't tell her.

"Hey, are you alright?", someone behind me asked. It was probably Remus, and when he saw that I was sad, he would ask what was going on, but when I didn't tell him, he would find away to make me smile anyways.

"Yeah, I'm good.", I said without looking up and put another piece of meat in my mouth.

"May I sit next to you?", he asked and I nodded my head. But when I looked to my left to smile at Remus, I looked into grey eyes not green ones. I almost choked on my piece of chicken when I saw that it was Sirius who sat down next to me. He never sat down next to anyone to help them when they were feeling bad, except if he hoped for a make-out session or if it was one of the Marauders.

"What do you want here?", I asked after I swallowed my food and drank some pumpkin juice to flush the meat down. Sirius didn't even smirk his cocky smirk when he smiled at me, worry in his eyes. He was actually able to care about anyone but himself?

"I saw that you were pretty upset, so I wanted to ask whether you were okay or not. And you are obviously not.", he then said and pulled me into a tight hug. He smelled really amazing and his hug made my heart beat faster, but I also got suspicious. He never hugged me like that.