Tears (2)

Lux

'Ready, sweet cheeks? I'll walk you back.' He handed me his arm like a perfect gentleman and I snorted. 'What's with the prince charming act, Asher?' My mood instantly better at being near this handsome dork who always made me laugh.

'Who me? Nah, I'm the villain of the story.' He winked.

'Hardly.' A flash of Dominic Rios going through my mind at those words. Nope, Ash was far from a villain. I giggled and we started walking. 'You think you are but I see right through all that bravado Briareve.'

He fell quiet while we walked and I took in the environment. The campus was so beautiful, surrounded by that forest. We also had the magnificent pathway illuminated by all the Fae lanterns, which were lit along the main walkway, a beautiful cobblestoned path in a light brown marble. This entire college screamed Disney meets the Hamptons, it was just a dream. Maybe it was.

'So how's your lessons going with Oak. He told me you were exceptional. He never talks about his students like that. I might be worried he is stealing my new favorite student.' He added cheekily.

I must admit it made me blush. Not just the Oak part.

'It's going great. He is taking his time with me and I appreciate that. Unlike some others.' I was teasing him but I knew he could take it.

He placed his hand over his heart like that had hurt him. 'You like my rough lessons, admit it.' He joked back but some desperation laced his words as well. He needed to hear me say that I liked his lessons.

'Yeah, all the bruising and shit sucks though!' I added. That made him stop dead in his tracks.

'You bruise a lot after my classes?' His voice dropped a few degrees.

I rolled my eyes. 'You aren't serious are you? Of course I am. I thought you knew.' Since there was always a full week between our physical lessons, besides the fitness and running, he never saw me in my outfit in between. So it was possible he didn't know. It had been just a day now. So I stopped, let go of his arm and raised my shirt to show him the bruises on my abdomen.

His eyes widened and he ran his hand through his air puffing out a breath. 'You didn't think this was something you should have mentioned Lux? I have never trained a human before!' He was angry with me now. Great.

'It's really not that big of a deal. I barely feel it.' I covered myself back up and crossed my arms defensively. Suddenly self-conscious.

'Yeah well, barely is still too much. You shouldn't be in pain.'

'Paramirage hurts too you know.'

'It what?' he yelled now. Completely worried and upset at all these revelations. I just couldn't seem to stop my mouth from sprouting these things. 'Yeah, it gives me the worst headaches and I don't-'

He grabbed my arms so hard I flinched from it. Talking about Paramirage just gave me the gateway I needed to accidentally Paramirage Ash.