•22•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 7 ~ Sᴀʟᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ Wᴏᴜɴᴅ

★ ★ ★

Alisha walks with Imogen, Alec, Izzy, and Clary towards Alicante's own weaponry. Imogen stands in front of the group, Clary and Alec behind her whilst Isabelle and Alisha walk at the back of them all.

"My security clearance must be used in person via thumbprint." Imogen announces as they walk through the halls.

"That's a new development." Alec states emotionlessly, still extremely worried about his parabatai.

"When the Circle members got ousted, we increased security protocol in certain high-risk areas in the city. The armory is one of them." Imogen tells the New York Head of the institute.

"I didn't realize we had visitors." An authoritative voice states behind the group making them all turn around, startled. Alisha glances at the shadowhunter now in front of her recognising her to be Jia Penhallow.

"Consul Penhallow." Imogen says after walking in front of her granddaughter and her parabatai.

"What brings the crown jewels of the New York Institute to Alicante?" Jia questions, glancing at the group behind the inquisitor.

"Inquisitor Herondale was just giving us a tour." Clary says, glancing at the three beside her who nod along with her story.

"Of the Armory," Isabelle includes. "so I can improve the operations in New York."

"What a wonderful idea." Penhallow states. "I have a few moments to spare. Do you mind if I join?"

"Actually, Consul Penhallow, I was hoping to speak with you privately." Alec states and Alisha looks over at her boyfriend with a raised eyebrow. Jia glances at the Lightwood with a knowing gaze.

"Of course." She nods and Imogen looks back at her before speaking again.

"Consul." She walks away with the three girls close on her tail. Alec looks at his girlfriend as she walks past him, nodding at her so she knows to not worry.

After getting the Malachi Configuration from Alicantes armoury, Izzy, Alisha and Clary walk through the halls of Alicante. The Lightwood throws the bag she came out with over her shoulder as they begin to walk.

"What kind of cage fits in a duffle bag?" Clary questions, watching the Lightwood with the black backpack hanging over her right shoulder.