•26•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 9 ~ Fᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀ Aɴᴛᴇ Oᴍɴɪᴀ

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ  9 ~ Fᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀ Aɴᴛᴇ Oᴍɴɪᴀ

★ ★ ★

"Hey it's Maia, please leave a message." Alisha listens to her werewolves friend voicemail for what seems like the hundredth time. The hybrid flops onto the bed making a defeated sigh before ending the call, having already left more than enough voicemails.

"Any luck?" Alec questions as the pair leave their shared room. The hybrid shakes her head with an annoyed sigh. "She'll be okay." Alec tries but Alisha shakes her head.

"She wouldn't not answer my call with everything that's going on." Alisha states and Alec sighs, placing a quick kiss on his girlfriends forehead, not knowing how to comfort her. "I even tried Simon, but he's not answering either." The two walk into Alec's office where Izzy joins them.

"You're the Head of the Institute. Can't you demand to know what happened with Clary?" She questions her brother whilst standing beside her parabatai on the opposite side of the desk than Alec.

"I've tried." Alec responds. "The Council is freezing me out." There's a knock on the open door and Magnus enters making the three wince slightly at the tired look on his face.

"Sorry to interrupt." He says whilst walking over to the three.

"Magnus." Alec greets with a small nod.

"Looks like someone needs a coffee." Izzy comments making Magnus shake his head slightly.

"Oh, no thank you. I already had six." The two parabatai's smile at each other at Magnus' words. "So, I was up all night researching the dark magic that Lilith has been using on Jace. I may have found a way to free him."

"Really?" Alisha questions and Magnus nods with a tiny smile.

"What? How?" Alec questions, his voice full of hope.

"Based on your descriptions, it seems Lilith has Jace locked in some kind of a mental cage, and the only solution is breaking that cage by blasting Jace with enough magic to eviscerate her presence." Magnus says to the three shadowhunters who listen carefully.

"Do you have the power to do that?" Alec questions.

"No," Magnus points at Alec. "but I will. In the Book of the White, I found a synthesis spell that'll allow me to temporarily channel - the magic of other warlocks."

"How many warlocks?" Izzy asks.

"I'll need at least about a dozen to match Lilith's strength. I'll have to call in some favors, but this should work." Magnus comments making everyone smile. "There's just one tiny catch. We'll need the High Warlock's permission to organize something on this scale." Alec and Alisha frown at the mention of Lorenzo. This was never going to work was the only thought in Alisha's head.