Chapter Two

DISCLAIMER!!!

ALL THE CHARACTERS AND ANYTHING RESEMBLING THE HAPPENINGS AND OBJECTS IN THE BOOK SERIES BY RICK RIORDAN BELONG TO HIM!!!
-----------------------------------

[3rd Person]

"Nico?" He stared at his friend's face, hoping he was not making a face that made his obvious surprise and dread even more obvious.

"Buddy, are you alright?" he inquired, putting down one drink to touch his friend's forehead to make sure that he wasn't sick.

Nico swiped his hand away and held it firmly in his own. "Look, Perce," he said. Now Percy could feel the other boy's hand grow a little cold. "I've got to talk to you."

"Uhm..." He looked over to where Annabeth was staying. She was talking to their friend Piper McLean. She's occupied, he thought. Probably won't kill me if she overhears this conversation.

"What's it about?" he asked, now growing nervous. Feeling some sweat drip off his forehead, he downed his punch in one gulp.

Letting the red colored beverage rest for a little while in his mouth, he hummed in delight. Fruity and spicy, he observed. Wait, what? Oh my gods! I drank Annabeth's drink!

Trying hard to keep his focus on the boy in front of him and not the fact that his mouth was flaming like the depths of Tartarus, he nonchalantly grabbed the other cup which was originally meant for him and chugged at it as if it was nectar. Thank the gods Nico was looking at the floor while this moment was happening.

At that exact moment, Nico mumbled something incoherent. Damn the DJ! He was playing "Rather Be" too loudly, and because of this, he couldn't hear!

He said it again, louder this time, still looking at his shoes. Percy still couldn't decipher what he was saying.

"What bro?" he hollered over the music while craning his neck. The fire inside his mouth had died down a bit but he still gulped more punch down. Nico didn't seem aware of what he was doing.

Nico looked up at him, looking like he was about to scream. His stare was filled with determination and slight annoyance and he was gazing straight into Percy's own sea green eyes.

Then the DJ switched the music and there was a whole five seconds of quiet that were the exact time Nico decided to shout at the top of his lungs.

"I LOVE YOU PERCY JACKSON, YOU INEPT DUMBASS! DO YOU LOVE ME?"

Percy heard every word that the boy was trying to say, and apparently everyone did too.

He spat out the tropical punch he was drinking on the floor, and the spice in his mouth had also gone with it. "Wh-what?" he sputtered.

What?

WHAT?

WhatwillIdo?

Ohshitohshitohshit!

Percy felt sweat and dripping punch running down his face as Nico stared at him, eyes dictating that he was ready for rejection. Noticing the silence from everyone else in the room, he then gaped at the crowd who heard his cry. Feeling the weight of embarrassment that was puling him down, his eyes started to well up with tears.

Nico and Percy were screwed.

***

[Percy's POV]

My knees started to quiver and I felt my cheeks flush.

Oh, gods. I felt like doing another spit take.

I came here to have a good time and honestly, I'm feeling so attacked right now. This was not a thing that he wanted to hear coming from his friend. Nico, of all people!