Chapter Seven

[Percy's POV]

As the sun was perfectly sitting on the horizon, casting the prettiest colors to decorate the sky, I wondered how I couldn't have brought Nico to this place yet.

The wind was crisp and whistling as it passed the two of us, making our hairs messier than I have ever seen. The sand, though very annoying, was very relaxing to our feet, making us feel a kind of tingling sensation. The view from above us, the clouds like feathers and cotton candy in different hues, sizes and shapes, was just enough to make someone go mad from its beauty.

Another something that made this place beautiful, was obviously the person behind him, who was looking towards the sea, a big smile on his face. His arms were stretched out to the left and the right, making him look like Jack from Titanic, doing his "I'm the king of the world!" pose.

Making the goofiest smile I could muster, I approached him from behind, tangling my arms around him while burying my face in his nape, feeling his heat. I soon felt his one of his hands cup mine while the other was being buried in my hair. He placed a kiss on my crown, mumbling something.

"What'd'ya say?" I asked, moving my head so that I could see his face, well at least the bottom of it.

He laughed to himself and turned his attention back to the sea. "Nothing, Percy," he replied, twining his fingers with mine.

Though we may have been on this beach for mere minutes, I already feel like I would want to stay in this position forever. My arms wrapped around his torso, his hand in mine while his other hand was tangled in my hair. Oh God, did he want this to be a forever.

We watched the sun go lower and lower onto the horizon, the colors getting darker signifying the coming of the equally beautiful stars and moon. There was a purple, a magenta, and even a tinge of orange in that mixture. It was life there were different kinds of fruits being mixed together in one colossal shake.

How many times must I emphasize the beauty of the sky?

The sea however was mirroring the sky, making it look kind of like a painting with all of the curves that the sky couldn't even imitate itself. Our feet were still covered with our shoes while the waves were only a few steps away, beckoning us to come and join in with all of the creatures underwater. If he looked far enough, he could see a few fish jump up from the water.

I peeked up at my small partner, who was also entranced by the beauty that was in front of him. The look on his face was one he wore when he was in front of a beautiful scenery, eyes wide, mouth agape, and the sides of his mouth twitched out to some degree. It was a look that I would want to see as much as I could.

I slowly brought our clasped hands to my mouth and gave it a small peck, still looking at Nico. Once he did that, he looked at me, eyes still possessing that twinkle from a second ago. He pecked me back on the forehead, making my cheeks feel warm but I didn't really care.

We stood like that for a few more moments until he put our foreheads together, closing his eyes.

"Perce?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm hungry,"

I chuckled at what he said.

"I thought you were going to say some deep stuff, you know?" I said. Reaching out, I put my hand on his back to trace small circles. I then saw his cheeks turn slightly pink.

"Well, you know, I may slip out a few if you would hurry your ass up," he joked, turning to face me. He then playfully pushed me away from him, shooing me away towards the motorcycle.