Chapter Five

(Percy's POV)

"What? Where am I? Why is everything yellow?!" I screamed, staring at the dull yellow which took over my eyesight.

I guess the excessive use of my gadgets finally took its toll, I thought. Here comes my new life with a walking stick, and I haven't even reached my golden years! Well, Nico just has to deal with a blind boyfriend.

Then, as I was about to give myself freely to the possibility of living my life as a blind man, I felt a rough finger on my forehead and a strong grip on my shoulder.

"Perce, don't be stupid." A deep voice spoke dully as if what he just said was redundant already (it was, because it is common knowledge that he is a dunce).

After the remark, I felt two pieces of paper being removed from my eyebrows. After that I blinked and could see an exasperated look on Frank's face and his hand tucking a blue phone into his maroon pants.

"I can see everything again! Thanks Zhang!" I said, beaming. "I thought I went blind there or something!" I continued, rubbing my eyes and silently thanking every god about the gift of sight.

Frank, then showed me two yellow post-it's. Written on one was:

"Mermaid boy! We left already! Remember what we said!"

- pipes and Jason

The other piece of paper said:

P.S. Snacks are on the table!

Seriously, Percy? I thought, mentally slapping myself for being so stupid.

Good thing it was Frank who saw me in this state of vulnerability. Frank is a good guy, right?

"Heehehehe," A low giggle interrupted my thoughts.

He was wagging a phone in front of me and I saw a video named "boy thinks he's blind coz of post-its"

He

Took

A

Video

Of

Me

There's really no one I can trust in this world.

"Oh no you didn't, you little shit," I growled, my face heating up. Looking to my right, I saw that Nico still hasn't woken up from his (very long) slumber.

"Wow! 20 views already! Even though I just recently posted it, it's getting so much attention!" Frank mocked, while looking at his phone in utter amusement.

"Delete it!"

"Nuh-uh," he said defiantly, clutching the phone protectively on his chest.

Trying to instill some fear in his heart, I growled. Instead of the desired result, I got laughed at.

"Seriously, man? That desperate?" he chuckled, still not budging to give the phone to me so that I could delete the video of its existence on the Internet.

We then commenced in a very petty squable which consisted of me lunging on him repeatedly while failing. Frank was completely unscathed by these attempts while I, however, received some very painful faceplants on the floor.

"Wow, Perce, if that's the best you can do," he said, sighing as if he was in pain by watching me struggle to get the phone. "You need to join me in going to the gym."

"Well, I'm sorry for not having a wrestler body like yours! Not my fault you absorb kinetic energy," I said, pouting.

"Annabeth must really be rubbing off on you if you're doing some science talk," he joked, which earned him a slap.