> Chapter 35 <

-Alexis' P.O.V-

Rosie: "Babe you're leaving already?"

She watched as I hurriedly wore my sneakers, grabbing my belongings ready to leave.

Alexis: "Yeah, I'm out to meet JJ"

Rosie: "JJ? Why? The hearing's just months away, Alexis"

Alexis: "I'm withdrawing the complaint, Rose. He's innocent"

Rosie: "Innocent? How do you know he's innocent? Think properly before attempting something, Alexis. You should give yourself sometime to think"

Alexis: "Shawn stopped by yesterday, Rose. He told me everything I wish I knew earlier before filing a complaint on JJ. Steve manipulated me to do so because I wasn't in my right state of mind"

Rosie: "That assh*le. What are you waiting for, Alexis? Get going already before JJ leaves to find you again"

Her pleasant smile showered my heart warm, having the urge to conquer anything. I always knew I had the right people around me.

I leaped hastily towards JJ's apartment, wanting to embrace his bulky figure as much as I wish to.

Wanting to hear his soothing voice.

Wanting to gaze at his beautiful chocolate eyes.

My breath hitched as my feet found its way towards his place, not wanting to stop. "Just few blocks away"

I muttered to myself and as much as I want to console myself that I'm already there, it might still take another 10 minutes.

The darkness was the only thing that accompanied me along with the thumping sound of my feet on the cold roadside concrete.

"Here we are", my feet stopped and my eyes shrunk as wailing lights caught my attention.

"Why are there police in JJ's apartment. Did something happen?", I cautiously watched my steps towards the lobby where few officers were enquiring the timid staffs.

"Excuse me, miss. Where do you think you're going?", a police officer blocked my way, with plenty of files occupying his other arm.

"I'm here to meet, my friend. I have an access card as well, see", I extended my arm so that he could see it clearly.

"It doesn't matter if you have an access card, ma'am. Until the accused is brought into the vehicle, no residents or visitors are allowed to leave nor enter this building. Please leave right this instant, Miss"

"Sir, please. It's an urgent matter. What can I do to enter right now?"

"Please understand, ma'am. None are allowed to enter this premise and if you decide to act against my request, such actions will not be tolerated" he sternly stated, a churning twist already forming in me.

Something's wrong.

Alexis: "Sir, I'll do whatever it takes to-"

?: "Alexis?!"

Alexis: "Logan!"

Logan: "Alexis, where were you all this while?! What are you doing here? Get back home, we'll talk there"

Alexis: "Logan, what's going on? Why are you here? Is something wrong?"

Logan: "I told you to get back home, Alexis. Mr Martin? Could you please send my sister back home?"

Police officer: "For sure, Mr Paul. I'll take care of it"

Alexis: "Logan, I'm not going unless I know what's going on! Why are there-"

A huge crowd of people with cameras on their hand, sprinted inside the lobby despite the officers trying to stop them. Mr Martin who was ready to usher me towards the patrol car, dashed towards the crowd as well.

"Logan, I'm scared. What's going on?"

"Alexis, stay. Don't go anywhere", I tried peeking over the crowd regardless of Logan tightly wrapping his palm around my wrist.

The paparazzis and media crews, bombarded the incoming person with questions that I can't wrap my head around.

The flashing lights from the cameras they held, the eruption of numerous questions, the overcrowded scenario was just giving me an absolute headache.

Until I saw that one person, knuckles bloody and busted, handcuffs wrapping his wrists, the same diamond ring that engulfs my ring finger, engulfing his.

My eyes soon started to close, darkness slowly pulling me into its own comfort zone, because of insufficient oxygen in the swarming lobby that caused everything.

"JJ", being my last word that I uttered before letting myself fall to the side.