Squid Games 004

No one slept a wink after that game. After all, with the fighting and over twenty deaths that happened right after, everyone was still wide awake.

(Y/n) sat with the older man, David, Player 199 and the woman who she was left abandoned back at the city. The five stayed in their own space, talking about what had just happened. However it was the last thing she wanted to discuss.

"So uh, what's everyone's names?" She spoke out, feeling the tension

Everyone turned to her confused, but she only shrugged

"We're teammates now, we stuck together through that attack," she reasoned, "we should all get to know each other,"

"That's right," Player 199 smiled at her

"I'm (Y/n) Campwell," She pointed at herself

"I'm David Forest," David looked down at his white vans

Player 199 ran his fingers through his dirty blonde hair, his baby blue eyes stayed locked on David, "My names Jasper,"

(Y/n) turned over to the newest addition to the group, the woman with a ponytail. She only rolled her eyes and turned her body away, but faintly mumbled out,

"The names Gwendolyn...but everyone calls me Gwen,"

(Y/n) heard the older man speak,

"And I'm Cam..."

He stopped as he looked down. His face twisted into one that was clear he was confused. He looked back up at the group, not able to remember what he was saying. (Y/n) quickly stepped in for him,

"Cam is enough, don't worry,"

~~~

As the next game arrived, they advise everyone to get into groups of 10. (Y/n) looked at their group, knowing they had at least half of the necessary people. Her face frowned when she realized everyone was trying to get a male only group.

"We should do the same," David whispered to her, knowing she had piece together what he did.

"It doesn't seem right, what if the next game is one of strategy?" She continued to look around the room

"(Y/n), we got an older man in our group plus two women,"

She gave David a side glare, which cause the redhead to raise his arms in defense.

"Not that I would change it, I'm glad you're with me through this,"

"David, I really like Gwen and Cam, just as much as I like Jasper and you," (Y/n) turned herself so she could have a better view of him, "I'm still here thanks to everyone,"

"What's going to happen (Y/n) if you don't make it back with Max," he asked, his voice getting low

(Y/n) looked up at him surprised as he continued on, "Who's going to watch after him? Do you really think those loan sharks would be nice and kind to him?"

David studied her face as she looked off to the side. A look of confusion settled in as she looked up at him, giving him a small glare.

"I never told you why I was in debt David,"

David's eyes wided as she pressed on, "How do you know that?"

"It was just a lucky guess," David raised his hands defensively, "I mean half of these people are here because of loan sharks,"

(Y/n) didn't stop glaring up at him as he grabbed her shoulders, "c'mon, let's just focus on us getting a team of 10,"

~~~