chapter 1

i have an exam this monday and i haven't studied at all! jisung stressed out as soon as he arrived at the library cafe where he promised to meet up with his friends. ❛ i'm so happy you guys wanted to meet up here!

❛ jisung, you're a mess. ❜ jaemin commented as he saw the youngest amongst them, looking very tired. ❛ and whatever! you don't even get good grades most of the times? ❜

everyone laughed at jaemin's remark. it was the sad truth, no matter how hard jisung tried, he would still get a fail to barely passing. although, the only subjects he seemed to be good at was languages, those were the only subjects he manages to pass.

❛ chill ji, we're here to relax. ❜ that's what donghyuck said. easy for him to say that! he doesn't care about getting into good colleges or universities. because all he does is sing and dance on stage! jisung actually cares about getting into good colleges or universities. he has to take over his dad's company after he graduates university, he has to be ready!

❛ let him be, babe ❜ yeah, the soon-to-be famous idol, lee donghyuck, has a boyfriend, named mark lee. ❛ he needs the grades, then he'll try and get em' ❜

❛ you're no fun, mark hyung. ❜

jisung pulled out his accounting's textbook and his notebook and started his "studying". if studying is jisung laughing with his friends and not reading the textbook nor doing exercises, he is doing really well!

❛ jisung! you aren't studying at all? ❜ jeno said after realizing that the younger had been focusing on something else rather than studying. ❛ you're so gonna fail that accounting's exam. ❜

jisung realized and put his head on the table. ❛ i can never pass this exam, i swear i can't concentrate! ❜

all his friends, jaemin, jeno, donghyuck as well as mark, were looking at him in pity. they couldn't do anything to help the younger as they also do not know anything about accounting. jaemin took up arts, jeno and mark took the science stream while hyuck basically dropped out. there were no possible ways to help the younger. ❛ we can only wish the best for you ❜

jaemin decided to end the friend meet-up since he knew jisung needed to study alone or not he would be easily distracted. he knew jisung well, that's what cousins are for.

❛ bye, everyone! ❜

jisung was still in the library, it was 7pm at night. he studied for 2 hours on accounting, although he didn't understand most of the things. he decided that it was time for a small break. no one wants to face a book with numbers for two hours straight without a break!

he decided to walk through the literature section of the library. he searched through the books there to find anything a tad bit interesting. everything seemed bland and boring. anything that caught his eyes had a bad first chapter which was definitely a no-no for jisung.

suddenly, a book dropped beside him. no one was around which spooked jisung out. ❛ anyone here? ❜ he was definitely spooked out.

he was scared, but nonetheless, he took a deep breath and found courage to look at the dropped book. it was an all black cover with the title "help is here" written in red. jisung was curious now, so he picked the book up and opened it. as soon as he read the contents, he chuckled and closed the book back and shelved it at an empty spot. ❛ what type of bullshit is that ❜

so, he got back to studying. of course he was going through the accounting textbook once again. it was 8pm, almost time for him to go home. he decided to go pick up one book to read that night. he went back to the literature section to search for an interesting book.

❛ jisung? ❜ an old lady, around 50, shouted for jisung. ❛ i have to leave early today, so quickly exit or you'll be locked in here ❜

jisung quickly picked up any book that was in front of him, he doesn't care if it is bad or not, he'll just try and read it. in a dash, all his things are packed up and he has already exited the library. waving a small goodbye to the caretaker of that ancient library, jisung made his way home.

reaching his apartment, he sat down on his couch. his father had made sure that jisung had a comfortable apartment. he went all out and bought his beloved son a two story apartment, completely furnished with the best view of seoul. jisung said that his father went a little too over the top, but of course his father wouldn't listen. he wanted the best for his son!

after taking a short shower, he was too lazy to put on some clothes so he decided to walk around with a towel on his waist. there wasn't anyone else in the apartment, just him. his father didn't let him share with anyone, yet.

jisung searched for the book he picked up from the library. what book did he pick up?

he gave an audible sigh when he saw the book he picked up. it was the black book from earlier. out of all books he could've chosen, he chose this. he swore the book was at the back shelves and he was at the front. how did he manage to pick that specific book instead of any other thriller romance?

well, he was bored that night. might as well do as the book says.

how do u like it so far? hope u enjoyed this chapter <3