#5

┏━━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━━┓
Chapter Five
第5章
Joint Party
┗━━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━━┛

When Hagiwara invited Asami to go get drinks with him, she thought it would be a small get together with the other guys from his friend group

When Hagiwara invited Asami to go get drinks with him, she thought it would be a small get together with the other guys from his friend group. However, she didn't think that Hagiware would also invite a couple of girls from his other class, so now Asami was in the middle of a joint party with a bunch of police students she barely knew. She felt out of place but still decided to stay since she didn't want to be rude.

After all, Hagiwara was the one who invited her so she couldn't just leave when he still hadn't arrived at his own joint party. Luckily, Date has also joined the group so Asami could easily talk to him without getting any dirty looks from the girls for 'stealing their man'.

"Drinking free alcohol is really something else!" Date exclaimed after chugging down a whole mug of beer.

Matsuda, who was sitting next to Date, looked at him with a confused look on his face.. "Huh? What do you mean by free alcohol?"

"Didn't you hear from Hagiwara? It's a joint party with Asami and the girls from the other class! He said that if I came to match the numbers, he'd pay for my drinks!"

Oh man, the bill is going to be huge. Poor Kenji-kun... he also told me he was going to pay for my drinks...

"And so you came here despite having a girlfriend, Squad Leader..." Matsuda said, giving Date a judgmental look as he rested his head on his hand.

"Oh, so you've got a girlfriend, Date-kun! I get that!" One of the girls said, giving him a bright smile.

"Really?" Date smiled brightly while Matsuda rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"What about you, Matsuda-kun? Do you also have a girlfriend?" Another girl asked. Asami noticed that this girl had been trying to flirt with Matsuda the whole time but he didn't even pay any attention to her.

"HUH?!" He growled as his expression darkened, making the poor girl shiver in fear.

Asami liked Matsuda but sometimes he could be really cruel. The girl obviously had a crush on him and was actually trying to get to know him better but he was nothing but mean to her. Sometimes, during the night, Asami thought that the reason he acted like a rude person was because he didn't know how to reject her in person. It would definitely explain his behavior.

"I guess you don't... I get that..." The girl muttered when she noticed how Matsuda kept looking at Asami who was excitedly telling Date about the surgery she had done today.

It definitely wasn't the first time the young police student saw Matsuda staring at Asami without her noticing. She didn't like how Matsuda had only paid attention to Asami and didn't even bother to talk at least five sentences with her; technically she was supposed to be Matsuda's date for tonight.