Chapter four

Natasha's POV:

I was training with Lena when Fri came over and told us that we were needed for a mission. We quickly got cleaned up and ready for the assignment. As we made our way to the meeting room everyone else did too. Everyone sat in their normal seats me next to Tony and Steve, Fury standing at the end briefing us about what was needed.

"Natasha will be taking the lead on this one. A figure has been beating up the gangs of New York and some other pretty bad people, but they're enhanced so instead of police involvement we were called in to help. We will need Stark to track the mysterious tormentor and find out who their targets are before they start messing with the wrong people. I understand this may sound boring but I don't give a shit, so do what you guys do and stop them from hurting anyone else." Fury addressed. I nodded and stood up as Fury left.

All eyes now on me I start to run a plan in my head. "Ok Tony we will need all the information about the tormentor as soon as possible, height, age, professionalism, powers, anything you find out I want to know. Sam and Buck I want you to go under cover watching for any movements of them. They attack around 9-5 and on weekends, showing either a weekday job or young such as school age. And if it is school age I want a run up on all kids who fits the profile, possibly abused and tested on as a young child, sudden triggers, fight at school, new home, something like that. We also must know who the first victim was, that will probably be the most important victim." We dismiss, all going to work on what I just told them.

Seven days after the meeting we finally got a almost full run down of what we could know based off of video surveillance. A small build, 5'2-5'5, most likely female. Super strength and speed. Well trained in some form of combat. And now all we needed was a good time to get them, which was today.

We all heard over a radio about how a man was attacked outside in an alley and how it was the tormentor. We used thermal cameras searching each video surveillance for them and we got a hit. They were in an alley way beating up another guy.

We arrived quickly and surrounded them. We were 100% going to capture them but they somehow escaped Steve's grip and ran into a crowd. I was silently criticizing myself over the little mistakes I made today and how I totally lost the person. I knew I could've easily widow bit them but I didn't and now they escaped. Fury was going to be so mad, but I think that we actually need this person on our team. They are brilliant and a skilled fighter and they are powerful so they would be a good asset to our team if they joined, but I'm not sure anyone else would agree. 

In the quinjet everyone was quiet knowing Fury was going to be so pissed. Sure enough, Fury walked into the meeting room and yelled at us for a good 20 minutes before he left telling us we better fix our mistake. I stood up to face the looks of disappointment and anger on my teams face knowing that we had majorly screwed up. "Ok guys that's enough sulking around. We all know how they fight now and so we will be able to train accordingly. I want us to split into different groups, enhanced and non-enhanced. Wanda, Steve, Bucky, Carol, Strange, Thor, and Loki, I want you all to be the first line of defense, when we have eyes on the tormentor. The rest of us will be holding a perimeter incase they somehow escape. I want Stark, Sam, Rhodey, and Pepper, and Hope in the sky so we can stop them from escaping by flying. Everyone else hold perimeter and make sure if they come near you try and inject them with the anesthetic." Everyone nodded and went their separate ways.